Author Topic: Texas stringing concertina wire along New Mexico border  (Read 236 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Texas stringing concertina wire along New Mexico border
« on: October 19, 2023, 02:58:13 pm »
Texas stringing concertina wire along New Mexico border
Texas governor says state barricading part of New Mexico border

Tyler Wornell

Updated: OCT 18, 2023 / 11:04 PM CDT

(NewsNation) — Texas has begun installing concertina wire along its border with New Mexico in what the governor says is part of an effort to stem illegal immigration.

The Texas National Guard in recent weeks has been placing the wire along a stretch of Interstate 10 near the Mount Cristo Rey landmark, the Texas Tribune reported. The news outlet estimates the wire stretches for about 2 miles.

Fencing is going up in other areas of the Texas-New Mexico border, too.

Texas National Guard members were also previously seen installing razor wire along the Rio Grande River north of El Paso, Texas. The area around El Paso is fortified with fencing and wire as the city continues to grapple with an influx of migrants.

“Our barriers around El Paso forced the migrants crossing illegally to enter into New Mexico. They then entered into El Paso from there. To end that, we are building a barrier on the New Mexico border,” Abbott said Sunday on X, formerly known as Twitter.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-news/southwest/texas-concertina-wire-new-mexico-border/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Texas stringing concertina wire along New Mexico border
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2023, 11:08:39 pm »
This should have been done 20 years ago.