Author Topic: Starbucks Faces Boycotts After Barista Union Showed Support for Hamas  (Read 2388 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Legal Insurrection by Mary Chastain 10/18/2023

Starbucks threatened to sue the union. It knows it will hurt business: “This matter must be resolved immediately. If it is not, we will seek all appropriate legal relief, including without limitation monetary damages.”

Starbucks Workers United, an affiliate of SEIU, tweeted support for Hamas when the terrorist group invaded Israel, slaughtering over 1,200 people.

The account deleted the tweet, but the internet is forever. Thanks, New York Post!

The union’s chapters in Boston, Chicago, and Iowa showed support for “Pro-Palestine” rallies.

Starbucks immediately distanced itself from the union’s views: “We unequivocally condemn acts of terrorism, hate and violence, and disagree with the statements and views expressed by Workers United and its members. Workers United’s words and actions belong to them, and them alone.”

The company stressed that it does not share the “views, positions or beliefs” of the union and SEIU.

But Starbucks has also threatened to sue the union:

But Starbucks says it vehemently rejects the union’s support for Hamas and is now demanding Starbucks Workers United “immediately cease and desist” from using the company’s name and logo. Starbucks said the union’s statements “advocat[ed] for violence” and caused “irreparable harm” to the company.

“Starbucks does not support your organization’s position,” Starbucks counsel Rocky C. Tsai wrote to Lynne Fox, the international president of Workers United, which oversees the Starbucks union. “This matter must be resolved immediately. If it is not, we will seek all appropriate legal relief, including without limitation monetary damages.”

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/10/starbucks-faces-boycotts-after-barista-union-showed-support-for-hamas/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Starbucks Faces Boycotts After Barista Union Showed Support for Hamas
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2023, 12:25:43 pm »
Fire them all!

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2023, 12:43:42 pm »
I boycott Starbucks because their coffee sucks. It tastes like an ashtray smells. But this is a good reason to  stop going there too.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2023, 12:59:00 pm »
I boycott Starbucks because their coffee sucks. It tastes like an ashtray smells. But this is a good reason to  stop going there too.

It certainly doesn't justify the prices they charge.  The little coffee guy on the street in NYC makes better coffee than Starbucks does.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2023, 01:06:50 pm »
Yeah, I've been "boycotting" for years. Their coffee is way overpriced and nearly undrinkable.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2023, 01:12:02 pm »

I agree.  The main virtue of Starbucks is that they have served as a predator, culling the weak from the herd of independent coffeehouses.  Back in the day, before Starbucks, there were some really terrible ones.  Now, in the Starbucks era, you're pretty much guaranteed that any independent coffeehouse that's been open for more than six months is going to be good.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2023, 05:07:34 pm »
Starchucks' brewed coffee has a significant singed flavor. Their espresso is OK. I don't boycott Starchucks, but I don't know if I've been to one this year. I buy whole bean coffee from Costco or Amazon - nothing fancy or exotic. Starchucks whole bean coffee is usually a bit more expensive than other brands, so I don't know if we've ever bought any.

Peets and Dutch Bros are good regional chains in the western US.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 05:08:59 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2023, 05:44:49 pm »
Starchucks' brewed coffee has a significant singed flavor. Their espresso is OK. I don't boycott Starchucks, but I don't know if I've been to one this year. I buy whole bean coffee from Costco or Amazon - nothing fancy or exotic. Starchucks whole bean coffee is usually a bit more expensive than other brands, so I don't know if we've ever bought any.

Peets and Dutch Bros are good regional chains in the western US.

Starbucks uses cheap beans and they overroast them, hence the singed taste.  Then they charge a premium for putting flavorings in the coffee that hides the cheap singed taste.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2023, 06:29:41 pm »
It certainly doesn't justify the prices they charge.  The little coffee guy on the street in NYC makes better coffee than Starbucks does.

I have found that too

There’s a locally owned coffee shop right in Superior, Wisconsin that has an excellent blended iced coffee. I’ll go there instead of any Starbucks.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2023, 08:56:51 pm »
Never once bought anything at Starbucks.
Reckon I never will.

I make my own coffee at home these days. Dunkin regular roast with Dunkin "extra" creamer.

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2023, 09:39:30 pm »
Not a coffee drinker, so I don't care about coffee. But I sincerely would love to see Starbucks sue the union.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2023, 11:54:58 pm »

Char-bucks
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2023, 01:57:33 pm »
Starbucks employee freaks out because there are a lot of customers in the store.

https://twitter.com/heckyessica/status/1720801668936216616

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2023, 02:48:09 pm »
Dunkin and Wawa have good coffee, and there are a couple mom and pop chains I really enjoy.

I treat myself once a month to a fancy schnmancy coffee. I know people who do this every day, I can't imagine the expense! say 6 for a cup of coffee  times 30=180!

plus you have to tip the barista
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2023, 03:12:32 pm »
Would that be Hamas terrorists breaking down a fence/wall to launch more attacks or to escape the Israelis?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2023, 03:37:19 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2023, 03:31:40 pm »
Starbucks employee freaks out because there are a lot of customers in the store.

Is this fo' true?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2023, 03:50:07 pm »
Dunkin and Wawa have good coffee, and there are a couple mom and pop chains I really enjoy.

I treat myself once a month to a fancy schnmancy coffee. I know people who do this every day, I can't imagine the expense! say 6 for a cup of coffee  times 30=180!

What I find especially disconcerting is all the kids whose parents have gotten into the habit of these sugary sweet 'coffee' and other drinks. The high school my grandson goes to has a Star*ucks across the street and it is unbelievable how many of the kids head there for lunch and after school.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2023, 06:52:54 pm »

That  soyboy looks like he is lactating.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2023, 06:55:57 pm »
That  soyboy looks like he is lactating.
All the customers wanting soy lattes were out of luck. He consumed every last bit of soy in the store.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2023, 07:26:40 pm »

My daughter runs on Dunkin' -- she likes their flavored coffee with an extra shot of espresso and she also likes WaWa.  She refuses to go to Starbucks -- she thinks it nasty and not worth the money.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2023, 08:22:27 pm »

Please tell me that this is a female transitioning to a male. ‘Cos real men don’t act like this.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2023, 11:24:22 pm »
Please tell me that this is a female transitioning to a male. ‘Cos real men don’t act like this.

It’s likely he is homosexual, or at least identifies as such.

But one of the reasons we know men are homosexual is because no sane woman would behave like that!

So said a friend of my hubby’s who had direct experience.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline berdie

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2023, 11:47:07 pm »

None of them that I know do. In fact I don't know too many gals that do. I don't think he (?) could even work at Build A Bear.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2023, 03:48:38 am »
"He" complained that he was "misgendered" as "she", and that this was inexcusable because "I have a full beard and moustache".  But "he" pretty clearly doesn't have any balls, so I think the customer got it right.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2023, 04:02:59 am »
"He" complained that he was "misgendered" as "she", and that this was inexcusable because "I have a full beard and moustache".  But "he" pretty clearly doesn't have any balls, so I think the customer got it right.
Full beard and mustache? :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: