Author Topic: Israeli intelligence releases audio of Hamas discussing 'misfired' hospital strike: 'It's from us?'  (Read 318 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Israeli intelligence releases audio of Hamas discussing 'misfired' hospital strike: 'It's from us?'
by Mike Brest, Defense Reporter
 October 18, 2023 09:49 AM

The Israeli military has released audio of what it said was a call between Hamas officials that it claims is proof Israel was not to blame for the deadly bombing of a Gaza hospital.

The strike occurred Tuesday night, and Hamas, a U.S.-designated terrorist group and the governing body of Gaza, quickly said at least 500 people were killed and immediately blamed Israel. However, the Israel Defense Forces strongly pushed back on the accusation and said the incident was the result of an errant strike from a separate terrorist group in Gaza, the Palestinian Islamic Jihad.

On Wednesday, the IDF released an intercepted call, which the organization said was between two Hamas operatives, in which they can be heard discussing the claim that the strike was actually a failed PIJ rocket launched from a cemetery behind the hospital.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/foreign/israel-war-idf-audio-hamas-misfired-gaza-hospital-strike
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson