Author Topic: 40,000 illegal immigrants caught on protected borderland this year, Forest Service says  (Read 193 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 40,000 illegal immigrants caught on protected borderland this year, Forest Service says
Story by Anna Giaritelli •
12h

Approximately 40,000 people have been arrested on federal forest land this year after attempting to enter the United States illegally from Mexico through the protected spaces, according to the U.S. Forest Service.

A senior official at the Department of Agriculture's U.S. Forest System headquarters in Washington told members of the House natural resources panel that U.S. Forest Service rangers, particularly in Arizona, worked closely with Border Patrol agents to catch tens of thousands of illegal immigrants who, unlike the millions who cross and surrender to police in other areas, attempted to evade police and sneak in undetected.

"There were about 40,000 individuals apprehended on National Forest System lands this year," said Chris French, deputy chief of the National Forest System within the U.S. Forest Service. "We've apprehended about, or worked with the Border Patrol and apprehended about, 40,000 individuals."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/40-000-illegal-immigrants-caught-on-protected-borderland-this-year-forest-service-says/ar-AA1itqEa?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=9778165a72cd4767af3f37e0c1a0f33c&ei=53
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson