Author Topic: China rages at US for condemning aggressive fighter intercepts  (Read 164 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
China rages at US for condemning aggressive fighter intercepts
« on: October 19, 2023, 11:33:09 am »

China rages at US for condemning aggressive fighter intercepts
© Provided by Washington Examiner

Infuriated at suffering yet another public embarrassment, China has slammed the Pentagon’s publication of photos showing its dangerous interceptions of U.S. military aircraft.

On Tuesday, the Pentagon announced that there have been 180 "coercive" and/or "risky" People’s Liberation Army intercepts of U.S. military aircraft operating in international airspace since the latter half of 2021. The Pentagon released a number of photos and videos indicating the danger to American aircraft that these intercepts pose. The PLA has also repeatedly released flares, chaff, and other aircraft defensive capabilities in front of U.S. aircraft. This activity threatens to cause a deadly accident. Indeed, considering the crew complements of some of the U.S. aircraft involved, the PLA risks killing more than two dozen Americans in one incident.

Interestingly, and likely in a misguided effort to mitigate China’s anger, the U.S. did not declare the intercepts as "unsafe and unprofessional." That’s the standard term applied for intercepts that involve unpredictable actions in proximity of an aircraft at speeds of hundreds of miles per hour.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/china-rages-at-us-for-condemning-aggressive-fighter-intercepts/ar-AA1isF04?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=9778165a72cd4767af3f37e0c1a0f33c&ei=31
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson