Author Topic: Just 2k migrants in NYC have applied to work — with none approved to earn a paycheck  (Read 261 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Just 2k migrants in NYC have applied to work — with none approved to earn a paycheck
Story by Craig McCarthy •
14h

New York Post

Just 2k migrants in NYC have applied to work — with none approved to earn a paycheck
Amere 2,100 migrants in the Big Apple’s care have applied for work permits — with not a single one yet to receive federal approval, city officials admitted Wednesday. Â

City Hall also has no solid figure for how many of the more than 40,000 adult asylum seekers it is housing are even eligible to legally work here, officials conceded at a city council hearing.

The revelation frustrated even Mayor Adams’ fellow Democrats on the council.

“This migrant strategy is going nowhere fast: We have to secure the border,” Council Member Robert Holden (D-Queens) said.

So far, the city’s migrant help center has submitted 444 work applications and another 1,700 were filed with the help of the feds stationed in Lower Manhattan.

None have returned with a federal stamp of approval, officials conceded.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/just-2k-migrants-in-nyc-have-applied-to-work-with-none-approved-to-earn-a-paycheck/ar-AA1it0sU?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=9778165a72cd4767af3f37e0c1a0f33c&ei=19
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Why work, when you're being showered with benefits?