Author Topic: What Specific Actions Can President Biden Take to Fight the Sheer Evil of Hamas?  (Read 198 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What Specific Actions Can President Biden Take to Fight the Sheer Evil of Hamas?
He can tell DHS to remove aliens who provide material support to Hamas

By George Fishman on October 13, 2023

Summary
Money is fungible. As the House Judiciary Committee has concluded, funds that “help[] defray the cost to [a] terrorist organization of running [its] ostensibly legitimate activities ... in turn frees an equal sum that can then be spent on terrorist activities”.

Therefore, since 2005, federal law has made any alien inadmissible or deportable who has provided material support to a designated terrorist organization.

Last summer, the Biden administration weakened this vital provision, deciding that it is OK for an alien to provide “insignificant material support” and “limited material support under circumstances involving certain routine commercial transactions, certain routine social transactions ... certain humanitarian assistance, or substantial pressure that does not rise to the level of duress, to a designated terrorist organization ... or to any member of such organization.”

Hamas has been a designated terrorist organization since 1997. So, to the Biden administration, it’s fine for an alien to do business with Hamas as long as they don’t receive the employee discount. It’s fine to satisfy family, social, or cultural obligations to Hamas — even if they involve “defending the faith”? It’s fine to provide “humanitarian” assistance to Hamas. We wouldn’t want its legions to have to go without shelter, sheets, and showers. It’s fine to provide material support to Hamas if not doing so would mean losing out on a bonus or promotion at work.

I urge the Biden administration to immediately reverse its reckless policy. But if Biden is not willing to go that far, I would simply urge that his administration immediately reverse its decision with respect to material support to Hamas. Regardless of whether DHS could do so retroactively with regard to aliens who provided material support since last June, DHS and the State Department can certainly reverse their decision regarding material support provided to Hamas in the future.

https://cis.org/Fishman/What-Specific-Actions-Can-President-Biden-Take-Fight-Sheer-Evil-Hamas
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The best action he could take would be to resign. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson