Author Topic: Another major UPenn donor pulls support over school’s response to Hamas  (Read 329 times)

Offline Kamaji

Another major UPenn donor pulls support over school’s response to Hamas as others set to follow

By Melissa Koenig
Published Oct. 18, 2023

Another major donor to the University of Pennsylvania has pulled his support over the college’s failure to condemn the Hamas terrorist attacks — and even more are considering following suit.

David Magerman, who helped build Renaissance Technologies, slammed his alma mater’s “misguided moral compass” and said he will “refuse to donate another dollar to Penn” in a letter to President Elizabeth Magill and board chair Scott Bok posted to X.

“Over the past month, I have been deeply embarrassed by my association with and support for the University of Pennsylvania,” he wrote in the letter Monday.

“The leadership of the university has failed to demonstrate the values I expect from an institution that purports to educate young adults and prepare them for a lifetime of leadership and to be emissaries for good in the world.”

Magerman went on to hammer Magill and Bok for what he described as their “fierce support for the Hamas-affiliated speakers at the Palestine Writes Festival, followed by your equivocating statements about the heinous acts of barbarism perpetrated by the same Hamas you allowed these speakers to promote.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/10/18/another-big-upenn-donor-pulls-support-over-response-to-hamas/

Offline Kamaji

Good!

Offline LMAO

No doubt we will hear cries of free speech

But you don’t have the right to have a donor
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy