Author Topic: Pelosi: GOP going 'against their constituents' by voting for Jordan  (Read 327 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi says many Republicans going 'against their constituents' by voting for Jordan for House speaker
by Conrad Hoyt, Overnight News Editor
October 18, 2023 12:20 AM

Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) had harsh words for Speaker-designate Jim Jordan (R-OH) and those who voted to give him the gavel, saying, "They're going to have to answer to their conscience, to their children, to their own legacy for doing something so disreputable."

Jordan failed to secure the requisite votes to become speaker on Tuesday because of 20 Republican holdouts, which, combined with all House Democrats in opposition, is far too many for the slim majority the House GOP possesses. Pelosi had no remorse for the House Judiciary Committee chairman.

"Mr. Jordan and his friends do a real disservice to their members on the Republican side to call upon them once, maybe more, we’ll see tomorrow, to vote for such a person for speaker," the California Democrat told MSNBC. "For some of them, it’s a good match. Some are right in there with him, but for some of them, you can see this has to be very painful for them."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/pelosi-republicans-jim-jordan-vote-house-speaker
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Pelosi: GOP going 'against their constituents' by voting for Jordan
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2023, 01:47:27 pm »
Oh shut up sugar tits.  You old hag.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2023, 02:33:02 pm »
Have no fear Granny Crypt Keeper, the Republican constituents will have their say during primary and general elections.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2023, 02:53:48 pm »
Anyone who views the constituencies of the various GOP reps as being identical is nuts. The representatives all answer to different constituencies. There is certainly a significant element in the GOP that wants someone like Jordan.  There also is a significant element that doesn't. And that composition can vary widely by Congressional district.

Threatening moderates in purple or even blue districts with being primaried by hardline conservatives is an empty threat, and they know it.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 03:50:37 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2023, 03:17:12 pm »
Anyone who views the constituencies of the various GOP reps as being identical is nuts.  There is certainly significant element in the GOP that wants someone like Jordan.  There also is a significant element that doesn't.

Well yes, but then, Pelosi is just generally nuts in any event.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2023, 03:24:31 pm »
Well yes, but then, Pelosi is just generally nuts in any event.

Yes, but a lot of folks on our side seem to hold the mirror image of her beliefs, and they're just as wrong.