Author Topic: Arkansas Gov. Sanders' Latest Move Against the CCP Is a First in the Nation  (Read 415 times)

Offline Kamaji

Arkansas Gov. Sanders' Latest Move Against the CCP Is a First in the Nation

Spencer Brown
October 17, 2023

EXCLUSIVE—Arkansas Governor Sarah Huckabee Sanders will announce on Tuesday that a Chinese state-owned corporation must sell more than 100 acres of agricultural land in northeast Arkansas, the consequence of a law signed by Sanders earlier this year barring ownership of agricultural land by prohibited foreign parties, Townhall has learned.

The 160 acres of land owned by Syngenta — an agrichemical company headquartered in Switzerland and owned by Chinese Communist Party-controlled ChemChina — is the first to be hit with the consequences of Act 636 which went into effect earlier this year after being signed by Governor Sanders.

As summarized by the state House, the legislation "prohibits certain foreign parties from acquiring any interest in Arkansas agricultural land, provides penalties for violations, [and] creates the Office of Agricultural Intelligence for information analysis and enforcement." The Chinese Communist Party is one such entity that is now prohibited.

Governor Sanders will announce the first action taken under Act 636 alongside Arkansas Attorney General Tim Griffin and Agriculture Secretary Wes Ward at noon ET.

"For far too long, in the name of tolerance, we've let dangerous governments infiltrate our country," Governor Sanders told Townhall of her administration's action. "Arkansas will tolerate them no longer."

"Today, Arkansas is becoming the first state in the country to force a Chinese state-owned company to sell their farmland," Sanders noted. "This isn't about where you're from, it's about where your loyalties lie. We simply can't trust those who pledge allegiance to a hostile foreign power."

In her remarks this afternoon, Governor Sanders is expected to invoke the eye-opening events that have taken place in Israel as another horrific example of how America's enemies are on the march around the world — and here in the U.S.

Source:  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2023/10/17/gov-sanders-boots-chinese-owned-corp-from-land-in-arkansas-n2629918

Offline DefiantMassRINO

About damned time.  The Chinese Communist Party and the Saudi Royal Family were well on their way to making America a vassal state.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I know that in the past I've said that women shouldn't hold positions of political power, but now and then Ms. Sanders impresses me.

I expect that Arkansas will be sued by the DCommunists for having such a law, in an attempt to wipe it off the books...