Author Topic: ‘Broad’ coalition of US colleges unite to condemn ‘evil’ of Hamas  (Read 371 times)

Offline Kamaji

‘Broad’ coalition of US colleges unite to condemn ‘evil’ of Hamas following backlash at several universities

By Melissa Koenig
Published Oct. 17, 2023

A “broad coalition” of college officials is releasing a statement supporting Israel and opposing the “evil” of Hamas after several universities sparked outrage for failing to immediately condemn the terror attacks.

“We are horrified and sickened by the brutality and inhumanity of Hamas,” reads the statement obtained by Axios.

“Murdering innocent civilians, including babies and children, raping women and taking the elderly as hostages are not the actions of political disagreement, but the actions of hate and terrorism.

“The basis of all universities is a pursuit of truth and it is times like these that require moral clarity,” it continues.

“Like the fight against ISIS, the fight against Hamas is a fight against evil.

“We, the presidents and chancellors of universities and colleges across the United States of America and the world stand with Israel, with the Palestinians who suffer under Hamas’ cruel rule in Gaza and with all people of moral conscience.”

It was signed by university officials at the University of Notre Dame, Yeshiva University, Baylor University and SUNY and CUNY officials, according to Axios.

Additionally, the presidents of the Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities, the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities and the United Negro College Fund signed on to the message.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/10/17/broad-coalition-of-us-colleges-condemns-evil-of-hamas/

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Who didn't sign on would be of more relevance.
Note: I didn't read the article.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Wouldn't have anything to do with a fear of a reduction in donations from wealthy Jewish donors?

The only difference between a college and a brothel ... you know what you're buying at a brothel.

When a middle class family is paying $50,000+ per semester, what are they getting for that money?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 07:54:27 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.