Author Topic: Lockheed Martin advances Next-Gen Interceptor design work  (Read 401 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Lockheed Martin advances Next-Gen Interceptor design work
« on: October 17, 2023, 05:36:13 pm »
Lockheed Martin advances Next-Gen Interceptor design work
The first Lockheed Martin NGI is forecast for delivery to the warfighter as early as fiscal 2027, according to the company.
By   THERESA HITCHENS
on October 16, 2023 at 2:19 PM

WASHINGTON — Lockheed Martin today announced that its effort to prototype a Next Generation Interceptor (NGI) for the Missile Defense Agency has passed its preliminary design review (PDR), moving the company another step forward in its competition with Northrop Grumman for the billion-dollar program.

The successful review means that the company’s digital NGI design now heads forward to critical design review in the third quarter of fiscal 2025, according to the announcement, during which “MDA will assess when flight testing can begin. The first Lockheed Martin NGI is forecast for delivery to the warfighter as early as FY2027.”

Both primes in August told reporters that they are making every effort to accelerate their design and delivery schedules in hopes of getting prototypes in the air for flight testing more quickly.

https://breakingdefense.com/2023/10/lockheed-martin-advances-next-gen-interceptor-design-work/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Lockheed Martin advances Next-Gen Interceptor design work
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2023, 05:38:11 pm »
They've never gotten the F=35 to work properly and now they're plotting how to screw up the next generation fighter? :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2023, 03:43:09 am »
They've never gotten the F=35 to work properly and now they're plotting how to screw up the next generation fighter? :thud:
It's a dirty job... :shrug:

...but someone has to keep the cost overruns going.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2023, 03:58:41 am »
more money and more money and more money is NOT THE ANSWER.

We have ten aircraft carriers, our enemies have one each.  Each carrier group is fully capable of waging war on any nation.

We also have a submarine fleet that is unequaled by any other nation.  We have been told lies since the start of the Cold War.  It is time for Congress to do their job, versus writing blank checks!