Author Topic: Navy offering up to $100K in EOD officer retention bonuses  (Read 164 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy offering up to $100K in EOD officer retention bonuses
« on: October 17, 2023, 05:29:42 pm »
Navy offering up to $100K in EOD officer retention bonuses
By Diana Stancy Correll
 Oct 16, 03:57 PM

The Navy is offering big bucks to some explosive ordnance disposal officers — if they remain in the service for a few more years.

Under a new policy, the Navy is now breaking up its incentives into two-year increments, while also offering larger amounts of cash to those who agree to four more years of service up front, according to a message to the fleet issued Friday.

Under the new EOD bonus system, eligible lieutenants can sign a four-year contract to score a $72,000 bonus, or agree to $12,500 annually for two more years of service, according to the naval administrative message, or NAVADMIN. Those who sign on for another two years after that can receive another two-year incentive, totaling $50,000 over four years.

Lieutenant commanders could also rake in $100,000 if they agree to four more years of service. Also on the table: a two-year contract for a total of $30,000. The two-year option also allows officers to sign on for another two years at the same rate, totaling $60,000 over four years of service.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2023/10/16/navy-offering-up-to-100k-in-eod-officer-retention-bonuses/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson