Author Topic: What military support the U.S. is providing to Israel’s army  (Read 302 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What military support the U.S. is providing to Israel’s army
« on: October 17, 2023, 05:11:11 pm »
What military support the U.S. is providing to Israel’s army
Politics Oct 12, 2023 11:10 AM EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) — Within hours of the horrific attack by Hamas, the U.S. began moving warships and aircraft to the region to be ready to provide Israel with whatever it needs to respond.

A second U.S. carrier strike group departs from Norfolk, Virginia, on Friday. Scores of aircraft are heading to U.S. military bases around the Middle East. And special operations forces are now assisting Israel’s military in planning and intelligence.

Live updates: What’s happening on Day 6 of the Israel-Hamas war

The buildup reflects U.S. concern that the deadly fighting between Hamas and Israel could escalate into a more dangerous regional conflict. So the primary mission for those ships and warplanes for now is to establish a force presence that deters Hezbollah, Iran or others from taking advantage of the situation. But the forces the U.S. sent are capable of more than that.

The U.S. is also expediting the shipment of munitions and interceptors for Israel’s fight against Hamas.

A look at what weapons and options the U.S. military could provide:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/what-military-support-the-u-s-is-providing-to-israels-army
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: What military support the U.S. is providing to Israel’s army
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2023, 05:12:24 pm »
They also provide support for gays, trannies, and BLM Israelis. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: What military support the U.S. is providing to Israel’s army
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2023, 03:38:37 am »
Great show, and I suspect nothing more than that.  Israel is on its own.  They always have been.