Author Topic: Soldiers Are Getting Burned Out. Army Leadership Knows It's a Problem.  (Read 151 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Soldiers Are Getting Burned Out. Army Leadership Knows It's a Problem.
Steve Beynon
Mon, October 16, 2023 at 1:55 PM EDT·5 min read

Army Secretary Christine Wormuth knows her force is overworked despite there being no major ongoing conflict involving American troops. She's balancing a tough dichotomy: Keep soldiers trained for war while nurturing the force's quality of life. She's also hoping that a force that feels taken care of will stay in and hypothetically recommend service to others, helping a dire recruiting situation.

"We are looking at where we can take things off soldiers' plates," Wormuth told Military.com in an interview last week. "We have to message to our leaders that quality of life and making [operational] tempo manageable is important."

Her top officer, Gen. Randy George, agrees, telling reporters at a press conference last week, "The big thing is training management, and part of training management is saying 'no,' and that needs to happen at every level."

https://news.yahoo.com/soldiers-getting-burned-army-leadership-175523832.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson