Author Topic: The Problem Of Totalitarians Using Our Freedoms Against Us  (Read 394 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Problem Of Totalitarians Using Our Freedoms Against Us
« on: October 17, 2023, 01:37:07 pm »
October 17, 2023
The Problem Of Totalitarians Using Our Freedoms Against Us
By Vince Coyner

Like most Americans, I was shocked by the vicious inhumanity that the coward terrorist group Hamas carried out in Israel last weekend. Unfortunately, organized evil is neither unique nor surprising. The Nazis were equally evil across Europe, as were the Japanese at Nanking, Stalin with Ukraine, and Mao with his own people. Sadly, evil happens, devils exist, although, thankfully, they are rarely celebrated.

But “rarely” doesn’t mean never, and the most shocking thing last week wasn’t the evil Hamas perpetrated but, rather, the extraordinary support it has received. Not only is Hamas’s evil finding exuberant support in places like Iran and Qatar where you might expect it, but there were tens of thousands of Muslims—and their liberal comrades—in places like New York, Detroit, and Washington out en masse vocally demonstrating their support for these monsters.

And it wasn’t just on the streets, in places like Harvard and Yale and NYU, you had students and professors and organizations blaming Israel for Hamas’s inhumanity. Even as the full extent of the carnage emerged, days after the world was able to see the barbarity of what the savages carried out, the rallies in support not only didn’t diminish, but they seemed to grow. I couldn’t help but wonder what that portends for our future.

As an American, I shook my head, stunned as I watched the scenes unfold. I wondered how so many people, with smiles on their non-hidden faces, could cheer such evil and how supposedly intelligent people could put their names in support of such barbarism. My reaction to a few posts on Twitter was, “Send them to Gaza.” Not that it was going to happen, but it’s one thing to cheer the beheading of babies and raping of women from five thousand miles away, it’s another thing to do so when there’s a realistic possibility of the IDF ending you.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/10/the_problem_of_totalitarians_using_our_freedoms_against_us.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: The Problem Of Totalitarians Using Our Freedoms Against Us
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2023, 11:33:04 pm »
Article title and premise:
"The Problem Of Totalitarians Using Our Freedoms Against Us..."

Which is why I no longer believe Jefferson's platitude in the Declaration.

All people are NOT equal.
Nor do they deserve equal treatment.
Even "under the law".

If we permit such treatment to those who wish to destroy us (again on the premise that they are "our equals"), they will use the freedoms that we bestow them AGAINST US when they become strong enough.

I realize this goes against everything that we have been taught to believe -- it grates against long-held precepts.

But it also comes from a life of observing how the world really works, and from observing that much of human behavior is ingrained and innate.

Sorry if you don't like this post.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2023, 12:25:15 am »
Article title and premise:
"The Problem Of Totalitarians Using Our Freedoms Against Us..."

Which is why I no longer believe Jefferson's platitude in the Declaration.

All people are NOT equal.
Nor do they deserve equal treatment.
Even "under the law".

If we permit such treatment to those who wish to destroy us (again on the premise that they are "our equals"), they will use the freedoms that we bestow them AGAINST US when they become strong enough.

I realize this goes against everything that we have been taught to believe -- it grates against long-held precepts.

But it also comes from a life of observing how the world really works, and from observing that much of human behavior is ingrained and innate.

Sorry if you don't like this post.
Well, it is why we used to be more cautious about bestowing citizenship on those we allowed to immigrate.

With all that thrown out the window, unrest is practically guaranteed, a result that delights the enemies of the Republic.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2023, 02:30:32 am »
We are our own worst enemies.  Every year, we allow about 250,000 mussies to enter our country legally via the Diversified Visa Program.  And Iran is often the number one country for people receiving Greencards.  We largely exclude Europeans from entering on the Greencard, but Iran, Syria, Egypt and other islamic states are well represented EVERY YEAR!!!

Islam is not far from becoming the majority religion in France.  When that happens, you think France will remain the same?  They have already destroyed many areas surrounding Paris.  We are on the same path.  Utter idiocy!!!