Author Topic: Bronx Little League field surrounded by trailer park that houses migrants  (Read 245 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Bronx Little League field surrounded by trailer park that houses migrants
By Georgia Worrell and J.C. Rice
Published Oct. 14, 2023, 1:36 p.m. ET

More than two dozen motor homes, camping trailers and even a converted school bus — many of which appear inoperable — languish along Allerton and Bruner Avenues near Astor Little League in Baychester.

The 26 parked vehicles are accompanied by generators, propane tanks and rank trash piles — and at least one is inhabited by a group of five recently-arrived migrants.

The RVs “make me uncomfortable,” said Andrés Rodriguez, 60, whose 10-year-old son, Andruyulo, has practice every day at the park. “We don’t know who they are on that street or what they’re capable of.”

Another dad, Edwin Pichardo, 45, whose 10-year-old son uses the field, said, “Just think about not knowing who’s next to you. . . . You can’t let the kids even walk to [their parents’] cars by themselves.”

https://nypost.com/2023/10/14/bronx-little-league-baseball-park-overrun-with-rvs/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum