Author Topic: New York City to limit migrant family shelter stays to 60 days, mayor announces  (Read 215 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

New York City to limit migrant family shelter stays to 60 days, mayor announces
By Gloria Pazmino, CNN

Published 9:41 PM EDT, Mon October 16, 2023

Migrant families staying in New York City shelters will be required to leave those facilities after 60 days and reapply for placement, according to a new rule announced by Mayor Eric Adams on Monday.

The move is the administration’s most significant attempt to date aiming to reduce resources dedicated to more than 64,000 migrants currently in the city’s shelter system.

“As the city still seeks further and timely support from federal and state partners, it will begin providing 60 days’ notice to families with children seeking asylum to find alternative housing along with intensified casework services to help them explore other housing options and take the next steps in their journeys,” the administration said in a statement.

https://us.cnn.com/2023/10/16/us/new-york-city-limit-migrant-shelter/index.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson