Author Topic: Today's Toons 10/16/23  (Read 3717 times)

Offline pookie18

Today's Toons 10/16/23
« on: October 16, 2023, 08:51:25 am »
Click below for related story:

Click below for Tony's toons:

Click for related story:

Click below for hook-up image:

Click below for proof:

This Thread Brought To You By The Letter R:

In Case You Missed It Dept.:

New York held an Italian-American parade Monday celebrating Christopher Columbus. In 1492 the explorer left not knowing where he was going, arrived not knowing where he was, went home not knowing where he'd been, and he did it all on government money. He was the world's first Democrat.

The New York Post reported that Hamas terrorists evaded Israeli air radar by flying lightweight para-gliders at low altitude into Israel powered by small motors and then opening fire on civilians. Even the Weather Channel is outraged. They just reported that the five-day forecast for Gaza is two days.

House hearings were a partisan circus today. If Republicans moved to impeach Joe Biden's German Shepherd for biting 11 Secret Service agents, Democrats would argue that the Secret Service agents still had Trump's scent all over them.

Senator Robert Menendez remained defiant Thursday amid calls by his Democratic colleagues in the Senate to step down over bribery charges. They found half a million cash and three gold bars hidden in his closet and I'm betting no jury will convict him. In this economy, everybody needs a side hustle.

Minnesota lawmakers voted to name a stretch of state highway after the late rock legend Prince and the city of Minneapolis unveiled a permanent one-hundred-foot of mural of him. His lyrics remain relevant to today's times. I don't want to party like it's 1999, I want to go grocery shopping like it's 1999.

Fox News reported last week's GOP debate at the Reagan Library drew fewer viewers than the first debate with little poll movements for alternatives to Trump. Asa Hutchinson remains mired at one percent and he is getting desperate. In fact, he's now running attack ads against the margin of error.

Daily Variety reported Taylor Swift plans to show up in Kansas City Chiefs team colors against the New York Jets in New Jersey Sunday to cheer her new boyfriend's team. Not everybody buys this romance. I just think it's so nice to see somebody dressed up like a Chief besides Elizabeth Warren.

The GOP candidates participated in a second-tier debate Thursday at the Reagan Library. They remain miles behind Trump. An average of the national polls shows Ron DeSantis is polling around twelve percent and tied with Nikki Haley, with Chris Christie polling at two percent, tied with Skim Milk.

President Biden drew heat for going to Phoenix Thursday without going down to the U.S. border and seeing the flood of migrants. The Border Patrol reported fifty thousand crossed into Texas in the last five days. It's killing ticket sales for River Dance when people can watch it on the news for free.

President Biden stood by his border policy saying America needs new workers to take on unfilled jobs. Joe's got a point. Recruiting cheap labor is so difficult that when Governor Gavin Newsom needed a black lesbian to be California's new U.S. senator, he had to find a woman in Maryland.

The Trump campaign trolled Nikki Haley, leaving a birdcage with a bird in it along with bird food outside her hotel door in Des Moines. It's in reference to Trump's Bird Brain nickname for her. They left the same thing outside of Chris Christie's door but now the bird food is gone and so is the bird.

Donald Trump accused New York Democrats of using the justice system to stop his 2024 campaign by scheduling one trial after another during election year Tuesday. The same day, Forbes dropped Trump from its List of Wealthiest Americans. However, four of his defense lawyers were added to the list.

The Wall Street Journal reported that in the federal case against Donald Trump, the Special Counsel is asking for a gag order so he can't talk. It gets better. In the federal case against Hunter, the special counsel is asking that Joe Biden's shoelaces be tied together so he can't wander off.

President Biden addressed the House chaos Wednesday and said we need to end the poisonous atmosphere in Washington, D.C. Joe was gracious not to boast about other news. It's official, the Secret Service has now suffered from less bullet wounds than canine incisor wounds since its creation.

The House of Representatives was thrown into chaos and a one-week-long hiatus Tuesday after Congressman Matt Gaetz engineered the overthrow of Speaker McCarthy. Democrats in the Senate were gleeful over the House mess. Elizabeth Warren congratulated Matt Gaetz on getting his first scalp.

Democratic U.S. Rep. Henry Cuellar was carjacked while parking his car a mile from the Capitol by three armed men Monday, but the vehicle was later found. He told reporters the car they stole is a Toyota Crossover. House Democrats can’t even drive an SUV that self-identifies by its biological sex.

President Biden backtracks to build the wall. But the border won't be secure until he sends his dog down there.

President Biden wants to reiterate that he's not building the border wall because there's an immigration problem. He just needs more space to display Hunter's artwork.

White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre was bombarded over the president's agreement to build a border wall despite his own insistence that it won't work. Who says a border wall won't work? The Chinese built one six-hundred years ago and they still don't have any Venezuelans in China.

AOC asks why Congress needs a house speaker whenever one already has headphones.

The Capitol Police initiated an investigation into Democratic Congressman Jamaal Bowman who was caught on videotape pulling a fire alarm in the House Office Building to try to stall a vote on a budget deal. The swamp will never change. The investigation concluded that fire alarms are racist.

This country's demographics are changing faster than I prefer. I went to the grocery store Friday to buy some apple pie and hotdogs and they were in the Ethnic Section.

The Cook Political Map was published on Friday showing how states will likely vote in the 2024 election. It's a busy political year worldwide. The two most-watched races will be between Democrats and Republicans for the presidency and the race between Virus and Climate for the control of mankind.

-- Argus Hamilton

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Today's Toons 10/16/23
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2023, 09:45:15 am »
@pookie18

Good morning there!   :beer:

FYI...one or more of today's toons is too WIDE, making the entire days' viewing difficult.

Could you resize?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline niobe527

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2023, 11:25:51 am »
good morning pookie

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2023, 11:33:20 am »
Thanks, Pookie.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2023, 12:23:07 pm »
Thanks, Pookie.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Jimino

• God created all men equal. Sam Colt made them more equal!
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2023, 02:09:24 pm »
Ciao Pookie, thanks for the toons!
Pray, hope and don't worry.
Santo Pio

Offline pookie18

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2023, 03:21:04 pm »
@pookie18

Good morning there!   :beer:

FYI...one or more of today's toons is too WIDE, making the entire days' viewing difficult.

Could you resize?

Mornin', @DCPatriot!

I don't see any that are larger than usual.

I don't know if these will be any different, but you can try these links:

https://www.therightreasons.net/topic/107362-todays-toons-101623/

https://thepoliticsforums.com/threads/213130-Today-s-Toons-10-16-23

Offline pookie18

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2023, 03:21:23 pm »

Offline pookie18

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2023, 03:21:44 pm »
Thanks, Pookie.

You're welcome, deb!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2023, 03:22:06 pm »
Thanks, Pookie.

My pleasure, Polly Ticks!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2023, 03:22:40 pm »
Ciao Pookie, thanks for the toons!

Mornin' & you're welcome, as always, Jimino!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2023, 03:26:50 pm »
Mornin', @DCPatriot!

I don't see any that are larger than usual.

I don't know if these will be any different, but you can try these links:

https://www.therightreasons.net/topic/107362-todays-toons-101623/

https://thepoliticsforums.com/threads/213130-Today-s-Toons-10-16-23

Thanks... @pookie18    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ricebug

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2023, 09:32:49 pm »
G'day, Pookie!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2023, 12:59:11 am »
Thanks, Pookie!  I love the Argus Extras!!!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline pookie18

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2023, 10:26:37 am »

Offline pookie18

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2023, 10:27:24 am »
Thanks, Pookie!  I love the Argus Extras!!!

My pleasure, as ever, CL!