Author Topic: Berlin city official advises citizens not to 'make their Jewish faith visible'  (Read 435 times)

Offline libertybele

**nononono* **nononono*

Berlin city official advises citizens not to 'make their Jewish faith visible'

Jewish citizens in the Neukölln district of Berlin need to hide their faith in the wake of the Israel-Gaza war, a city official advised during an interview..

Speaking with the German news site Der Spiegel, integration commissioner Güner Balci reported on efforts to crackdown on pro-Palestinian demonstrations following violent anti-Israel citizens attacking the police and celebrating the deaths of Israelis over last weekend. Authorities later prohibited an additional demonstration for the week, but Balci suggested antisemitic beliefs have persisted.

"I would not advise anybody to make their Jewish faith visible in Neukölln. Those who wear the kippa already faced the prospect of being spat on or insulted in quieter times. As a sign of solidarity, we have raised an Israeli flag in front of the Neukölln City Hall – and have done so under police protection just to be on the safe side," Balco said.

She added, "Isn’t it sick that such things have become normal in Germany?" ...........

Balci said "wide swaths of the Arab-speaking population in Neukölln harbor sympathies for the terrorists" while more moderate Muslims are not responding out of fear of being ostracized.

"They have either remained silent or issued broad condemnations of violence in the Middle East in general. Functionaries aren’t even prepared to call Hamas a terrorist organization. I really want to be pleasantly surprised just once. But I don’t think I will," Balci said.

She placed blame primarily on political leaders who have failed to address anti-Israeli attitudes in favor of "fighting anti-Muslim racism."

"What happens on a large scale in Neukölln, because we have a significant share of people with Arab roots, exists on a smaller scale in other cities. Political leaders have ignored the problem for decades. Many didn’t think anti-Israeli attitudes were that big of a problem and also weren’t worried about the strengthening of political Islam. Interior Minister Nancy Fraeser of the SPD even dissolved the expert working group addressing political Islam. That clearly shows that the issue is not a priority," she said..............

https://www.foxnews.com/media/berlin-city-official-advises-citizens-not-make-jewish-faith-visible
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Eerily familiar.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Eerily familiar.

Yeah.  My 1st thought too.  In Berlin no less.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.