Author Topic: 'Structural Apartheid': Hundreds of University of Michigan Faculty Members Blame Hamas Terror Attack  (Read 710 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
'Structural Apartheid': Hundreds of University of Michigan Faculty Members Blame Hamas Terror Attacks on Israel
University professors in open statement lament 'campaign of destruction being undertaken by the Israeli military'

Charles Hilu
October 14, 2023

Hundreds of faculty members at the University of Michigan signed a statement that blames Hamas's slaughtering of innocent Israeli citizens on the Jewish state and its "structural apartheid."

"We write as human beings in grief and anguish over the loss of life—both Palestinian and Israeli—that is the result of the decades-long Israeli occupation of Palestine and the structural apartheid Palestinians residing both within Israel and the Occupied Territories endure on a daily basis," reads the statement, which was obtained by the Washington Free Beacon. "We solicit supporting signatures from allies … to acknowledge that there are many victims of this war and all of them deserve to be recognized and grieved."

The statement—which at least 738 professors, university staff members, and graduate students at the school have signed—reflects the ongoing push at top U.S. universities to excuse Hamas's terror attacks and denounce Israel. Dozens of student groups at Harvard, for example, signed on to a statement that held "the Israeli regime entirely responsible for all unfolding violence." University of Michigan law students, meanwhile, praised "Palestinians in Gaza" for "fighting against the Israeli colonial entity on an unprecedented scale."

https://freebeacon.com/campus/structural-apartheid-hundreds-of-university-of-michigan-faculty-members-blame-hamas-terror-attacks-on-israel/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Its a good thing their football team is so good because a large chunk of their professors aren't worth a shit. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

Obviously they have things backasswards.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

Offline goatprairie

“The statement's top signatories did not return requests for comment. Those signatories include history professor Juan Cole, associate gender studies professor Charlotte Karem Albrecht, theater professor Ashley Lucas, associate gender studies professor Victor Mendoza, musicology professor Amy Stillman, and lecturer Matthew Stiffler.“

Well then, with such esteemed academics as gender studies professors, I guess the defenders of Islamic butchery must be right  :silly:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Given Palistinians genocidal nature and standing policy of destroying Israel, I'd say the apartheid be justified.
The Republic is lost.

Offline PeteS in CA

"Structural Something Eeee-vile"

Translation: There is zero evidence of the Something Eeee-vile but I need it to be there.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Given Palistinians genocidal nature and standing policy of destroying Israel, I'd say the apartheid be justified.
Israel has tried countless times to integrate the Arabs into Israeli society. Every time they try this, the Arabs kill them.
Israel's obsession with 'peace' with the Palestinians has cost thousands of Israeli lives.
Finally, and with regret, Israel eventually had to accept that 'peace' with Palestinians simply does not work.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline goatprairie

Some people choose to be winners. Those are the Israelis.
 Some people choose to be losers. That is the path the Palies have taken.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Fishrrman totally offa-da-wall prediction:

Michigan is going to become the first "muslim state" in the USA.
Don't they already have one (or is it two) cities that are now "muslim-majority"?

I wouldn't be surprised that when the pali "refugees" start arriving here -- and yes, they ARE going to be coming here -- that MI could become one of their prime destinations.

Perhaps they could be siphoned into the bulldozed sections of Detroit.
Good place for 'em.