Author Topic: Wisconsin Judge: Schools Secretly Trans-ing Kids Are Violating Parents’ Rights.  (Read 407 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Wisconsin Judge: Schools Secretly Trans-ing Kids Are Violating Parents’ Rights.

Parents have won a landmark legal battle against the Kettle Moraine School District in Wisconsin, with Waukesha County Circuit Court Judge Michael Maxwell banning school authorities “from allowing or requiring staff to refer to students using a name or pronouns at odds with the student’s biological sex, while at school, without express parental consent.”

Parents represented by the Wisconsin Institute for Law and Liberty (WILL) and the Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF) had been socially transitioning supposedly transgender children, including pre-teens, behind their backs, and even over their express objections. Judge Maxwell ruled this violated the parents’ constitutional rights.

“The school district could not administer medicine to a student without parental consent. The school district could not require or allow a student to participate in a sport without parental consent. Likewise, the school district cannot change the pronoun of a student without parental consent without impinging on a fundamental liberty interest of the parents,” Maxwell said.

https://thenationalpulse.com/2023/10/14/wisconsin-judge-schools-secretly-trans-ing-kids-are-violating-parents-rights/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Exactly. I thought we gave up owning people 150 years ago. How does that work that I pay taxes for your salary and the place your work at, and that translates to ownership of my child that you are only around a few hours a day, five days a week?

Please, tell me how that is legally plausible, because I'm stumped.
The Republic is lost.