Author Topic: Dorm room of Jewish Drexel student 'intentionally' set on fire: report  (Read 328 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AMERICAN NEWS Oct 14, 2023
Dorm room of Jewish Drexel student 'intentionally' set on fire: report
"During this wrenching period in our lives, we need to recognize that the anguish of a classmate or colleague deserves our compassion, regardless of their views."

Oct 14, 2023

Drexel University is investigating after the dorm room of a Jewish student was set on fire on Tuesday. The fire, in Race Hall on the West Philadelphia campus, started when the decorations on the student's door were "intentionally" set on fire, according to police. There were no injuries.

The Philadelpha Fire Department was called and the flames were extinguished, reports the New York Post. Drexel President John Fry sent out a message to students and faculty, encouraging them to consider first the humanity of those around them rather than their political or religious differences.

"Since I wrote to you on Sunday with my immediate reactions to the Hamas terrorist attack in Israel," Fry began, "I recognize that emotions are running high throughout our community as each of us continues to process the devastation and suffering in Israel and Gaza. Many among us hold strong opinions about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and many among us now are worried, aggrieved, or already mourning the deaths of friends and loved ones in Israel and Gaza.

https://thepostmillennial.com/dorm-room-of-jewish-drexel-student-intentionally-set-on-fire-report
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Dorm room of Jewish Drexel student 'intentionally' set on fire: report
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2023, 05:00:34 pm »
The speech displays weakness on the part of the prez. and I'm sure lefties took it as a tacit endorsement of attacking Jews.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson