Author Topic: DeSantis says US should not accept Gaza refugees: 'They're all antisemitic'  (Read 7988 times)

Online corbe

DeSantis says US should not accept Gaza refugees: 'They're all antisemitic'

by Cami Mondeaux, Congressional Reporter
October 14, 2023 03:52 PM

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) said the United States should not accept refugees who are fleeing the Gaza Strip, even as the war between Israel and the Hamas militant group intensifies over the weekend.

“I am not going to do that,” DeSantis said at a presidential campaign event on Saturday. “You don’t fly people and import them into the United States of America.”

His comments come after the Israeli military has instructed more than 1 million people located in the northern part of the Gaza Strip to evacuate to the south ahead of an anticipated attack against Hamas, possibly leaving thousands of people displaced as they seek to leave the war-torn country. U.S. officials negotiated a deal with Egypt, Israel, and Qatar to open up the Rafah border for roughly five hours on Saturday to allow U.S. citizens to escape to Egypt, but it’s not entirely clear where refugees may go from there.

However, DeSantis remained adamant the U.S. “cannot accept people from Gaza into this country as refugees,” arguing instead that surrounding “Arab states” should take them in.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/desantis-says-us-not-accept-gaza-refugees-all-antisemitic
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

I like his 'Remain in Gaza' policy.   :smokin:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

I like his 'Remain in Gaza' policy.   :smokin:

I like the idea that the surrounding Arab states should take them in.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2023, 09:34:09 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
No palis here.
They are human poison.

Offline berdie

I like the idea that the surrounding Arab states should take them in.

I totally agree. Although I kind of understood bringing certain Afghanis that assisted during the war here, even those evacuations weren't vetted.

The Palis have nothing to earn that kind of endorsement to be here.

Offline LMAO

One Palestinian in Congress is already one too many
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

One Palestinian in Congress is already one too many
One Muslim of any national background is too many.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline cato potatoe

Importing these refugees would be a death sentence to a number of jews, homosexuals, and women.  This cannot be allowed to happen.

Online mountaineer

It is not our role to be absorbing people from Gaza. And apart from this situation, if people with anti-Semitic, anti-American, or other toxic views are trying to come into our country, they should not be admitted.

https://twitter.com/RonDeSantis/status/1713280579322409272

Offline libertybele

Importing these refugees would be a death sentence to a number of jews, homosexuals, and women.  This cannot be allowed to happen.

Unfortunately with our open border policies, they are already here. Sad, but true.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

Unfortunately with our open border policies, they are already here. Sad, but true.
How many just at the Roosevelt Hotel in NYC, I wonder?  :nono:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Any comments from the Trumpy leg humppers yet?  "Shirley" they have a directive?  @Right_in_Virginia And @sneakypete   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Any comments from the Trumpy leg humppers yet?  "Shirley" they have a directive?  @Right_in_Virginia And @sneakypete   

Shirley they've worn out their talking points.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Shirley they've worn out their talking points.

Nah.  Just in waiting. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Next time you ping me @Wingnut please make it to DeSanctimonius' first original thought.

President Donald Trump will immediately reimpose the Trump Travel Ban. "We don't want our people killed."

https://twitter.com/MAGAIncWarRoom/status/1712273019794849950

Stephen Miller
@StephenM

Is anybody who attacked President Trump over the Travel Ban, refugee pause, lottery termination, and enhanced vetting procedures now willing to admit they were wrong?

9:18 AM · Oct 14, 2023

cc:  @libertybele

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Hoodat

We should follow Egypt and Jordan's lead on this.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

Next time you ping me @Wingnut please make it to DeSanctimonius' first original thought.

??? Have I ever stated that Trump was wrong to impose the travel ban???? Definitely NOT @Right_in_Virginia

Offline libertybele

DeSantis is absolutely correct!!!!!   :patriot: :patriot:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
One Muslim of any national background is too many.

:yowsa:  :amen:

Islam is, and always has been, a political movement cloaked as religion!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 05:37:48 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Wishful thinking my friend.

What Trump did in the past is really irrelevant. He is no longer CIC. He has no say. He has opinions but no say in what the current CIC, generals, or Secy of Def does.

Online Wingnut

I only pinged you out of courtesy and sympathy for the Devil.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
We should follow Egypt and Jordan's lead on this.

Exactly! Not doing anything anyone else isn't doing.

I believe in the equality of all people, but not when it comes to crossing the borders. If you are against us because you want rule by your own edicts, the door is shut.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Wingnut

Yeah,*I* STRONGLY object to it. We can and SHOULD refuse admittance to radicals of all colors and religions. Those who apply for admittance whose politics are unknown should be given a longer wait time before they are allowed to apply for US citizenship,be you a Neo-Nazi,a Muslim,or any other radical movement.

BTW,if  there are ANY "leg humpers" here,it is people like you,who live  up  DeSanctimonious ass.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 07:29:39 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Kamaji

:mauslaff:  :mauslaff:  :mauslaff:

That effing loser couldn't even get a border wall built.