Author Topic: A-10 Warthogs arrive, more U.S. forces coming amid Israel-Gaza fighting  (Read 411 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A-10 Warthogs arrive, more U.S. forces coming amid Israel-Gaza fighting
The US military’s deployments are a warning to anyone thinking about exploiting the Israel-Hamas war: Don’t.

BY JEFF SCHOGOL | PUBLISHED OCT 12, 2023 5:34 PM EDT

A squadron of U.S. Air Force A-10 Warthogs have arrived in the Middle East and more American forces are expected to follow this week as part of an increase in the region following Hamas’ Oct. 7 terror attacks on Israel, a senior defense official told reporters on Thursday.

“Let me again reiterate one of the main messages that this rapid increase in posture is intended to send to both state or non-state actors,” the senior defense official said during a Thursday Pentagon news briefing. “The United States is unequivocally in its support for the defense of Israel and is sending a warning to any entity that would consider taking advantage of this conflict and this war to escalate violence: one word, quite simply – don’t.”

U.S. Central Command, or CENTCOM, announced on Oct. 8 that additional A-10s, F-15s, and F-16s were deploying to its theater of operations along with the aircraft carrier USS Gerald R. Ford and its strike group, which arrived on Tuesday in the Eastern Mediterranean.

On Thursday, the 354th Fighter Squadron out of Davis–Monthan Air Force Base, Arizona, arrived in the CENTCOM region, said the senior defense official, who spoke on condition of anonymity under rules established by the Pentagon.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/a10-warthogs-israel-gaza-war/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: A-10 Warthogs arrive, more U.S. forces coming amid Israel-Gaza fighting
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2023, 08:21:00 pm »
According to Gen.s Milley and Davis, Warthogs are no longer worthy of being part of the US military so why are they being sent to Israel? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: A-10 Warthogs arrive, more U.S. forces coming amid Israel-Gaza fighting
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2023, 10:30:23 pm »
According to Gen.s Milley and Davis, Warthogs are no longer worthy of being part of the US military so why are they being sent to Israel? :shrug:

@rangerrebew

Because that bitch  Miley is wrong about everything he/she/multiple  choice ever chose.

Besides,Miss  Miley is on the  way  out the  DoD door,so nobody  really cares  what  she thinks anymore.

I have no idea what sort of critter is going to replace her,though. Let's just  say I am not expecting much  that  is positive.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!