Author Topic: Attorneys General Demand Biden End ‘Catch and Release’ of Millions of Illegal Aliens Amid Terrorism  (Read 468 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Attorneys General Demand Biden End ‘Catch and Release’ of Millions of Illegal Aliens Amid Terrorism Concerns

JOHN BINDER13 Oct 2023209

A coalition of Republican attorneys general are calling on President Joe Biden’s Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to close its catch and release network that has freed nearly three million border crossers and illegal aliens into the United States.

This week, Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody, along with 26 fellow Republican attorneys general, filed a Petition for Rulemaking to DHS, asking the agency to end its catch and release network that includes a parole pipeline where border crossers and illegal aliens arrive at the southern border in the hopes of being released into American communities.

“DHS’s mass release policies have been ‘akin to posting a flashing ‘Come In, We’re Open’ sign on the southern border,'” the filing reads:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/10/13/attorneys-general-demand-biden-end-catch-and-release-of-millions-of-illegal-aliens-amid-terrorism-concerns/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
They might get more help by praying to the spirit of Yasser Arafat to help them. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

They might get more help by praying to the spirit of Yasser Arafat to help them. :whistle:

Nearly 3 million?  That number is a little low --

The numbers aren't adding up here --

More than 2.8 million migrants have had encounters with authorities so far this fiscal year, compared to more than 2.7 million migrants in 2022, according to the latest Customs and Border Protection (CBP) statistics. The current migrant figure includes August, but not September, the last month of this fiscal year, which has yet to be announced.

About 2.2 million people were apprehended at the U.S.-Mexico border through August, compared to 2.38 million border encounters for all of last year.

2.2 million so far through August  and 2.38 for all of last year -- I'm coming up with 4.58 million -- which is  approx. another 1.5 million from what the original article is stating.

IOW -- they don't truly have a freakin' clue.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2023/09/30/how-many-migrants-crossed-the-border-2023-mexico-venezuela-2022/70979085007/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
https://www.myfloridalegal.com/newsrelease/ag-moody-leads-multistate-coalition-taking-action-force-biden-administration-secure

The attorneys general of the following states signed onto Attorney General Moody’s petition: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia and Wyoming.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis