Author Topic: How About Hunter? Justice Department Adds FARA Charge to Menendez Prosecution..Jonathan Turley  (Read 469 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
   October 14, 2023   
How About Hunter? Justice Department Adds FARA Charge to Menendez Prosecution

The Justice Department this week hit Sen. Bob Menendez (D-NJ) with a superseding indictment including a new but all-too-familiar charge: being an unregistered foreign agent under the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA).

I cannot recall another sitting member of Congress being criminally charged as a foreign agent.

Yet even if this is the first such case, the charge has been freely used by the Justice Department in all but one case: Hunter Biden.

The indictment accuses Menendez of being a foreign agent on behalf of Egypt.

Also charged under the law is Menendez’s wife, Nadine, and Egyptian American businessman Wael Hana.

After they discussed various foreign policy priorities at one dinner, Nadine is quoted as asking her Egyptian counterparts, “What else can the love of my life do for you?”

The government alleges that the couple agreed to have Menendez “use his power and authority to facilitate such sales and financing to Egypt.” In addition to other benefits, the government alleges that Hana promised to put Nadine on the payroll of his company in a “low-or-no-show job.”

more
https://jonathanturley.org/2023/10/14/how-about-hunter-the-justice-department-adds-fara-charge-to-menendez-prosecution/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

He may be a foreign agent and utterly corrupt, but dadgummit, he's a Senator. So he'll attend whatever classified briefings he chooses.

"You're being accused of aiding a foreign government — why is that appropriate for you to go to a classified briefing?"
Democrat Sen. Bob Menendez: "Bottom line is I'm a United States senator"

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1719773242552889826
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org