Author Topic: 2024 showdown: DeSantis, Haley battle for second place behind Trump  (Read 736 times)

Online libertybele

An annual summit by Mittens and Ryan -- what does that tell you about Haley???

2024 showdown: DeSantis, Haley battle for second place behind Trump

The former two-term South Carolina governor who later served as ambassador to the United Nations in then-President Donald Trump's administration has been on the rise in the race for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination.

While Trump remains the commanding front-runner in the GOP race, Haley has seen her poll numbers rise nationally and in the crucial early voting states, thanks in part to two well-regarded performances in the first two Republican presidential debates.

"We can feel the momentum on the ground," Haley said in an exclusive interview with Fox News Digital on Thursday following a town hall in Rochester, New Hampshire.

The candidate said her rise in the polls is helping boost her among the GOP donor class. Haley spent Tuesday mingling with top dollar Republican donors at an annual summit in Utah hosted by Sen. Mitt Romney, the 2012 GOP presidential nominee, and his one-time running mate, former House Speaker Paul Ryan.

A source in Haley's political orbit said the candidate's meetings with potential backers was very positive.

"We do have donor interest wanting to help us," Haley said..............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/2024-showdown-desantis-haley-battle-second-place-behind-trump
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

Re: 2024 showdown: DeSantis, Haley battle for second place behind Trump
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2023, 12:56:47 am »
She is not my favorite as most know I'm a DeSantis fan because he is a true conservative.  However, my gut tells me that Haley will be the GOP nominee.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2023, 05:09:13 am »
She is not my favorite as most know I'm a DeSantis fan because he is a true conservative.  However, my gut tells me that Haley will be the GOP nominee.

Not my favorite either, but I can't see her being as bad as Biden, so I'd vote for her in the general.  And obviously over Trump in the primary.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2023, 05:56:15 am »
Not a big fan of women candidates, but....

Nope, still not a fan. Probable wouldn't vote for her. Say what you will, I am what I am.

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2023, 09:47:03 pm »
I will vote for Mr. Trump if he's on the ballot.
I will vote for Mr. DeSantis (in the general) if he's on the ballot.

I will NOT vote for Ms. Haley.
No, no, no... Nikki... NO !

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2023, 09:50:52 pm »
Haley closes in on DeSantis as biggest challenger to Trump

BY JULIA MANCHESTER - 10/14/23 5:00 PM ET

Nikki Haley is increasingly being viewed as the most viable alternative to former President Trump, as Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) continues to struggle to gain traction in the primary.

The former United Nations ambassador received widespread praise for her performances in the GOP primary debates, has bumped up in primary polling and become an increasing target of Trump’s. Another former GOP presidential candidate, former Rep. Will Hurd (Texas), also threw his support behind Haley this week.

While DeSantis remains a distant second to Trump — who is the leading favorite for the GOP nomination — Haley is steadily coming up on the Florida governor’s heels.

“Nikki Haley’s rise or piqued interest, among particularly donors and Trump critics is due more to Ron DeSantis’s falling in the polls than anything else,” said Ford O’Connell, a Republican strategist.

Trump’s critics at the national level have taken notice.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4255135-haley-closes-in-on-desantis-as-biggest-challenger-to-trump/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2023, 09:57:53 pm »
   Just wait till the Trump Campaign figures this out.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2023, 10:00:14 pm »
I will vote for Mr. Trump if he's on the ballot.
I will vote for Mr. DeSantis (in the general) if he's on the ballot.

I will NOT vote for Ms. Haley.
No, no, no... Nikki... NO !

I'll vote for a can of frozen orange juice over any Leftist!

Them's MY principles!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2023, 10:29:16 pm »
She would call our military reservists to settle every family feud and schoolyard fight from here to outer Mongolia.  Hard pass.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2023, 10:54:58 pm »
Neither Haley nor DeSantis have been able to erode support from Trump. Haley has been gaining a bit of steam in NH, but DeSantis remains firmly in second in Iowa. So far, I don't see either one of them doing much more than rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. Of the three, I like Haley the least, and I seriously doubt there is a majority within the party faithful (as opposed to the political class) who will support a Ukraine War supporting globalist for the nomination.

I will support the party nominee regardless.