Author Topic: Chair of Kingsborough College in NYC slams president for not condemning Hamas  (Read 294 times)

Online Kamaji

Chair of Kingsborough College in NYC slams president for not condemning Hamas

By Melissa Koenig
Published Oct. 13, 2023

The chair of the business department at Kingsborough Community College is calling out the president of the school for not condemning Hamas’ actions.

In an open letter, Jeffrey Lax shared some of President Claudia V. Schraeder’s remarks after the death of George Floyd and attacks on Asian Americans in New York City — when she wrote: “The racism, bias, discrimination and hate that our brothers and sisters have been subjected to is intolerable and I am sure you stand with me in not only denouncing this hate, but standing up for and with them. 

“Times like this not only call for us to be allies, but to be staunch advocates for an anti-racist and inclusive community, where we respect, embrace and celebrate the differences among us.”

“Your words have been powerful, genuine and have meant a lot to me — and surely to the members of any and all of these suffering communities,” Lax wrote in his letter, which he shared with Algemeiner.

“I have always proudly stood with you and these statements,” he said. “They exemplified true, genuine, and compassionate leadership.”

But, Lax argues Schraeder did not show the same compassion in her statement about the war in Israel, where, he writes, “more than 20 Americans were murdered, and more have been kidnapped. Nearly all have been Jews.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/10/13/kingsborough-college-chair-slams-school-president-for-not-calling-out-hamas/