Author Topic: Jewish NYC Councilwoman Inna Vernikov arrested for carrying gun at pro-Palestinian rally  (Read 859 times)

Online Kamaji

Jewish NYC Councilwoman Inna Vernikov arrested for carrying gun at pro-Palestinian rally

By Joe Marino, Tina Moore, Craig McCarthy and Olivia Land
Published Oct. 13, 2023

Republican Brooklyn Councilwoman Inna Vernikov was arrested Thursday when she was spotted toting a firearm at a pro-Palestinian rally— resulting in calls for her to be removed from office.

The councilwoman, who is Jewish and has spoken out against pro-Palestinian supporters, was in attendance as protesters convened on the campus of CUNY’s Brooklyn College Thursday.

“[Vernikov] was observed with the but-end of a firearm (handgun) protruding from the front portion of her pants” while observing the protest between noon and 2:45 p.m. Thursday, police sources told The Post.

“The Councilwoman eventually left the location and upon notification to police, the Councilwoman was contacted and she turned herself in to the 70 Precinct, in the company of her attorney [around 2:50 a.m. Friday],” the sources continued.

The 39-year-old was arrested and charged with possession of a firearm because she was on school grounds, the sources said.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/10/13/nyc-councilwoman-inna-vernikov-arrested-for-carrying-gun-at-palestine-protest/

Online mountaineer

Not very smart.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Kamaji

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYC GOP councilwoman arrested for bringing gun to pro-Palestinian rally
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2023, 07:18:43 pm »
NYC GOP councilwoman arrested for bringing gun to pro-Palestinian rally
© Ed Jones/AFP/Getty Images

New York Democrats and critics are calling on a Republican city councilwoman to resign after she was arrested for carrying a handgun at a pro-Palestinian rally on a Brooklyn college campus this week.

Inna Vernikov, 39, who is Jewish and represents southern Brooklyn, surrendered to police early Friday and was charged with criminal possession of a firearm. Vernikov turned herself in after images circulated online of her with a gun tucked into her waistband while at the Brooklyn College demonstration, a New York Police Department spokesperson told The Washington Post.

Vernikov filmed herself in front of a Thursday protest at Brooklyn College that was supporting the Palestinian people, saying she was part of a dueling pro-Israel demonstration to “support the Jewish students that are in school.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nyc-gop-councilwoman-arrested-for-bringing-gun-to-pro-palestinian-rally/ar-AA1idF1O?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=1e7937789aa64882a088c322196b6904&ei=45
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: NYC GOP councilwoman arrested for bringing gun to pro-Palestinian rally
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2023, 07:19:26 pm »
Would Ilan Omar have been arrested for the same thing?  Would it even have been covered by the media? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MOD8

Merged threads

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: NYC GOP councilwoman arrested for bringing gun to pro-Palestinian rally
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2023, 11:56:10 pm »
Would Ilan Omar have been arrested for the same thing?  Would it even have been covered by the media? :shrug:

She would be wearing a suicide vest. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.