Author Topic: These new Army formations can reach across Europe to strike a target  (Read 174 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
These new Army formations can reach across Europe to strike a target
By Todd South
 Oct 13, 07:13 AM

WASHINGTON — As the Army develops new ways to strike an adversary at longer ranges and with more than just steel, two units in Europe are learning what that means on a continental scale.

On Oct. 11, staff with both the 56th Artillery Command and the 2nd Multi-Domain Task Force shared results from their recent fires exercise at the annual Association of the U.S. Army’s Meeting and Exposition that’s shaping how the Army will share data and targeting information with both joint forces and partner nations.

Col. Seth Knazovich, chief of staff for the 56th Artillery Command, told the audience that with new platforms, cyber, electromagnetic warfare and space-based capabilities, the command can better coordinate and synchronize fires, especially across deeper ranges.

That matters because forces in Europe are within reach of Russia’s arsenal, should the war in Ukraine escalate. And with more military activity in Eastern Europe overall, the distances that U.S. Army and partner forces must contend with have increased.

“Information sharing is a constant line of effort,” Knazovich said.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/2023/10/13/these-new-army-formations-can-reach-across-europe-to-strike-a-target/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson