Author Topic: Veterans outraged after city bans POW/MIA flag from flying on property  (Read 759 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Veterans outraged after city bans POW/MIA flag from flying on property
October 12, 2023

Source: Facebook/VFW
Stephen Underwood
Hartford Courant
(TNS)

HARTFORD, Conn. — Former U.S. Marine Matthew Bowman gets choked up when he thinks about how his fellow Marines were treated when they returned home from being captured as prisoners of war in Vietnam.

“Part of my duties as a Marine, unfortunately, were as a security detail for our returning POWs in North Vietnam,” Bowman said. “To say they weren’t treated well is an understatement. What they went through was crazy.”

Bowman, who lives in Cheshire, is now protesting the removal of the POW/MIA flag from town property, a decision the town said was made in accordance with its flag policy.

“The first article of the code of conduct is I am an American fighting man and I serve in our forces which guard my country and our way of life,” Bowman said. “The most important word there is our way of life. Not my way, not your way, but our way of life.”

https://popularmilitary.com/veterans-outraged-after-city-bans-pow-mia-flag-from-flying-on-property/
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 03:28:06 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Veterans outraged after city bans POW/MIA flag from flying on property
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2023, 03:28:57 pm »
I'll bet Hartford would have no problem with Muslims flying some form of Jihadi flag. 9999hair out0000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MOD8

Re: Veterans outraged after city bans POW/MIA flag from flying on property
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2023, 05:01:58 pm »
Not a Military or Defense topic.