Author Topic: Army orders loitering munition for testing as soldier-borne tank-killer  (Read 173 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army orders loitering munition for testing as soldier-borne tank-killer
Service will send Switchblade 600s to U.S. units for evaluation.
SAM SKOVE | OCTOBER 11, 2023

The U.S. Army has chosen AeroVironment’s Switchblade 600 for the first step in a new program designed to put tank-killing loitering munitions in the hands of average soldiers, following the example seen in Ukraine.

Army units tasked with testing will receive more than 100 Switchblades for initial testing and fielding, Doug Bush, assistant Army secretary for acquisition, told Defense One at AUSA.

Other companies will be invited to compete after the conclusion of the program’s increment one, Bush said.

“There'll be entry points for other vendors, potentially, because there's so much innovation in that space,” he said.

https://www.defenseone.com/defense-systems/2023/10/army-orders-loitering-munition-testing-soldier-borne-tank-killer/391136/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson