Author Topic: Nearly naked prostitutes prowl streets in broad daylight, but California law ties police hands  (Read 2030 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Fox News by Emma Colton 10/11/2023

Women wearing only "g-strings" while bending over in front of traffic has become an increasingly common sight in National City, California, as prostitution issues spiral after the implementation of a controversial state law, the city’s mayor told Fox News Digital.

"They're waving to people on the freeway or, just to be honest with you, they are bending over for the freeway. I don’t know how else to put it; they're showing their wares," National City Mayor Ron Morrison told Fox News Digital in an interview this month.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed Senate Bill 357 in July 2022, which repealed a previous law that banned loitering with the intent to engage in prostitution. The law took effect in January this year, with Morrison arguing that the moment Newsom’s pen touched the bill, pimps in the state knew they could expand their prostitution ventures with little repercussions from law enforcement.

"The moment it was signed by the governor, boom, everyone knew the rules were out the window," Morrison told Fox News Digital.

"Those that are out there on the street, most of them are wearing less than what you would consider a scanty negligee. It is just flaunting in everybody's face. And so a lot of people are screaming, ‘Hey, you know, can't you get them on indecent exposure?’ And the problem is the way our laws read in this state. The definition of indecent exposure is as long … as the genitals are covered. Anything else is fair game out in public."

Prostitutes gather in a downtown area that faces a freeway and are most often seen early in the morning and around 3 p.m. Morrison added that another new California law that legalized jaywalking has compounded the issues as some women stand in traffic to attract a john.

"I was driving on one of the streets the other day, and there's this young lady standing there in the middle of the street wearing basically a G-string, and that was it, and a couple pasties. But she's right in front of my car, I couldn't move. So, I did ask her very politely, ‘Would you please move out of the street?’ And she looked at me and says, 'If you don't want to talk to me, you can go around,'" Morrison said.

More: https://news.yahoo.com/nearly-naked-prostitutes-prowl-streets-080018421.html

Online mountaineer

Enforcing all sorts of criminal laws in California is pretty darn tough.

End Wokeness
@EndWokeness
This might be the most San Francisco story I’ve ever heard in my entire life
A convicted child molester set up a tent across from a SF school offering “free fentanyl for new users”
He has been doing this for 2 years
SFPD Captain Chris Canning: "I was told he is in compliance with all the components of what his sex registration are."

https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/1715439267831304196
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

End Wokeness
@EndWokeness
A convicted child molester set up a tent across from a SF school offering “free fentanyl for new users”
SFPD Captain Chris Canning: "I was told he is in compliance with all the components of what his sex registration are."

@mountaineer

Well,if the people in charge of public safety think this sort of thing is just "peachy keen",you have nothing to bitch  about if you voted for them.

Can't really say anything more about this subject without possibly getting into trouble.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@mountaineer

Well,if the people in charge of public safety think this sort of thing is just "peachy keen",you have nothing to bitch  about if you voted for them.

Can't really say anything more about this subject without possibly getting into trouble.
Yeah. I get you.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

End Wokeness
@EndWokeness

I hope some parents get compliant on the guys head repeatedly  :pondering: Tent...collapsed improvised blanket party with soap in socks, just to clean the outside of his tent don't ya know.

Online roamer_1

Online corbe

I agree TTIUWP.  I'm a little preoccupied right now with the Astros vs Rangers but here it is anyway, obviously her hands are not tied.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
   I agree TTIUWP.  I'm a little preoccupied right now with the Astros vs Rangers but here it is anyway, obviously her hands are not tied.

@corbe

Me like!

She can pat me down anytime she wants.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

More on the pedophile living by a school:
... He got the attention of authorities after he set up a sign reading, "Free fentanyl 4 new users," and another reading, "Meth for stolen items."

KGO-TV went to interview Moore and ask him if he was serious about his offer.

"Were you giving away fentanyl? Was that just a joke?" asked reporter Dan Noyes.

"No, it's not a joke," Moore responded.

He went on to say that he was merely passing on what others had dropped off in exchange for blankets and other supplies.  ...
https://www.theblaze.com/news/san-fran-pedo-fentanyl-school
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

@corbe

Me like!

She can pat me down anytime she wants.

I would deliberately break laws just to get a pat down from her
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

This thread is . . . disappointing.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

Inside Los Angeles’ brazen sex market — where near-naked women sell themselves for as little as $40

By Marjorie Hernandez
Published Oct. 23, 2023

Emboldened by new California laws which make it near impossible for cops to bust prostitutes, sex workers in Los Angeles’ red light district stalk for business wearing no more than thongs, G-strings and high heels in broad daylight.

A 40 block area of Figueroa Boulevard in South LA sees hundreds of prostitutes, some barely out of their teens, plying their trade since Gov. Gavin Newsom passed the controversial Safer Streets for All Act, which decriminalized loitering with the intent to work as a prostitute in January.

“Before this type of activity only happened at night where most citizens wouldn’t see it, but now it’s 24/7,” one source told The Post.

“Now you can drive by at 2 pm and see it. Families drive by and see 10 girls on the corner, condoms on the ground.

“You go by the alleys and you see a guy in the middle of the alley and a woman performing [fellatio]. And a mom and her kids have to pass by that. It’s ridiculous, all in the open broad daylight. God only knows the impact it has on those kids who have to see this.”

Los Angeles Police Department sources who work the area told The Post prostitutes will perform sex acts for as little as $40 and many are selling their bodies for $160 or less at a time.

However, some sex workers who trawl Figueroa have claimed they make up to $1,000 a night and have regular clients who fly them away to exotic locations.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/10/23/inside-los-angeles-sex-market-where-women-sell-sex-for-40/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Los Angeles Police Department sources who work the area told The Post prostitutes will perform sex acts for as little as $40 and many are selling their bodies for $160 or less at a time.
i think that's rent, folks.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Mod2

Merged threads

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
TTIUWOP

I kinda agree but I fear the STD's may actually jump through the interwebs in this case.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I kinda agree but I fear the STD's may actually jump through the interwebs in this case.

A valid concern....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
A valid concern....

When they make the jump from public crabs to public lobsters...