Author Topic: Increasing number of male human trafficking victims in the U.S. sparks concern  (Read 205 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Increasing number of male human trafficking victims in the U.S. sparks concern

10/12/2023 // Zoey Sky // 550 Views

Experts in the U.S. are worried about the increasing number of young male victims of human trafficking in the country.

Human trafficking of boys has grown significantly, and is now almost identical to the percentage of girls being trafficked. The Department of State's 2023 Trafficking in Persons report revealed that while girls account for 18 percent of trafficking victims, boys now account for 17 percent.
Trafficking vs. human smuggling

When Elijah Muhammad was 12, his parents, who were members of an unnamed cult located in Kansas City, Kansas, received a call from one of the executive representatives of the group. They told his parents that Elijah and his brother must start their "pilgrimage into manhood" because of "the will of God."

Unfortunately, young Muhammad's parents agreed and they let their two sons travel 600 miles to Kansas City in the back of an 18-wheeler semitruck.

https://www.alipac.us/f9/increasing-number-male-human-trafficking-victims-u-s-sparks-concern-413917/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson