Author Topic: 'Day of Jihad' Sparks Warnings for Americans to Stay Inside  (Read 412 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
'Day of Jihad' Sparks Warnings for Americans to Stay Inside
« on: October 13, 2023, 10:47:06 am »
 'Day of Jihad' Sparks Warnings for Americans to Stay Inside
Story by Nick Mordowanec •
18h

Americans are "armed" and will not be intimidated, commenters including Rep. Matt Gaetz have said, after a former Hamas chief called for a "Day of Jihad" by Muslim communities around the world on Friday, October 13.

Khaled Mashaal, who now heads the militant group's diaspora office in Qatar, told Reuters on Wednesday that Muslims should "head to the squares and streets of the Arab and Islamic world on Friday" and hold mass protests in support of Palestinians as the conflict with Israel intensifies.

In a video posted on YouTube, but since removed, he also called for Muslims "to show anger" on Friday and "send a message of rage to Zionists and to America," according to a transcript posted on X, formerly Twitter.

Gaetz, a Florida Republican, reshared a post about Mashaal's comments on X, adding: "FAFO [F*** around and find out]. Floridians are armed. We won't be intimidated."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/day-of-jihad-sparks-warnings-for-americans-to-stay-inside/ar-AA1i6Ubt?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=44bfb29110304bb9953b2710153e084c&ei=21
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: 'Day of Jihad' Sparks Warnings for Americans to Stay Inside
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2023, 10:48:34 am »
But, but, but Islam is the religion of peace, isn't it? *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson