Author Topic: The Army doesn’t know where a lot of its excess arms and gear are  (Read 403 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Army doesn’t know where a lot of its excess arms and gear are
As allies' needs soar, officials are racing to get a clearer picture of what's available.
MARCUS WEISGERBER | OCTOBER 10, 2023
ARMY UKRAINE ISRAEL SHOW NEWS

The U.S. Army has warehouses packed with weapons its soldiers no longer need. But the service doesn't know where they all are, nor what condition they’re in.

Now, amid increased demand from U.S. allies and partners, Army leaders are pushing for an updated database of those stored weapons.

“Sometimes we don't really know where all of our excess equipment is,” Army Undersecretary Gabe Camarillo said Tuesday at the Association of the U.S. Army annual conference in Washington. “We have a lot of it, and it's accumulated over time.”

Not all of it is needed, and the service is working to rid itself of superfluous weapons and other equipment, Army Chief of Staff Gen. Randy George said.

“We are getting rid of excess equipment starting now,” George said during a luncheon address.

https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2023/10/army-doesnt-know-where-or-what-condition-its-extra-weapons-and-equipment-are/391094/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The Army doesn’t know where a lot of its excess arms and gear are
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2023, 05:51:07 pm »
No way this is true! *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2023, 05:53:55 pm »
Excess??? How much again was left behind in Afghanistan; you know, the Brandon debacle??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2023, 06:19:50 pm »
:facepalm2:

Time to hire Amazon or Walmart to set up inventory control for the military.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2023, 10:49:35 pm »
I'm having a hard time  believing this.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!