Author Topic: Israeli student attacked with a stick outside Columbia University library: cops  (Read 513 times)

Online Kamaji

Israeli student attacked with a stick outside Columbia University library: cops

By Amanda Woods and Olivia Land
Published Oct. 12, 2023

An Israeli student was beaten with a stick outside Columbia University’s main library this week – amid heightened tensions on the Ivy League campus over the Israel-Hamas war.

Cops responded to a report of a 24-year-old man assaulted at 535 West 114th Street – right outside Butler Library – around 6:10 p.m. Wednesday, the NYPD said.

The victim and a 19-year-old woman were having an argument, which turned physical when she allegedly beat him with a wooden stick, according to police.

The suspect, Maxwell Friedman, of Brooklyn, was arrested and charged with an assault, cops said.

The victim – an Israeli student at Columbia’s School of General Studies – said he confronted the woman after seeing her ripping down flyers with names and pictures of Israelis kidnapped by Hamas this week, according to the university’s student newspaper, the Columbia Daily Spectator, which first reported the attack.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/10/12/israeli-student-attacked-outside-columbia-university-library/

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Color me confused, the victim was arguing with a woman who then beat him with a stick, police say the suspects name was Maxwell Friedman

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Okay, I read the story 3 times now.  I still can't understand it.

If this is what constitutes good journalism, we are so screwed.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Kamaji

Maxwell can be used as a girl's name as well as a boy's name.  This is NYC, where even honkeys can pick weird names for their progeny - I used to know two little kids, a girl and a boy, who were named Seven and Natural, respectively.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Maxwell can be used as a girl's name as well as a boy's name.  This is NYC, where even honkeys can pick weird names for their progeny - I used to know two little kids, a girl and a boy, who were named Seven and Natural, respectively.

Sounds like the start of a new Abbott and Costello routine.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.