Author Topic: Trump was right all along: Biden waives dozens of federal laws to expedite construction of border wa  (Read 214 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Trump was right all along: Biden waives dozens of federal laws to expedite construction of border wall in Texas as Dems panic over illegal immigration
10/10/2023 // Richard Brown // 2.4K Views

The Biden administration has made a significant policy shift by waiving over two dozen federal laws to expedite the construction of approximately 20 additional miles of border wall along the U.S.-Mexico border in Texas' Rio Grande Valley.
The 180-degree turn came amid the surge of illegal migrants flooding into the country. According to federal government data, approximately 245,000 illegal entries have occurred in the Rio Grande Valley since October 2022.

During his 2020 Democratic campaign, President Joe Biden had pledged that not "another foot of wall" would be erected during his presidency. Once in office in January 2021, he issued a proclamation to halt the construction of the wall, which had been a key focus of former President Donald Trump's strategy to curb illegal entries into the United States.

At the time, Biden emphasized that "constructing an extensive wall across the entire southern border is not a viable policy solution."

https://www.naturalnews.com/2023-10-10-biden-waives-laws-to-expedite-border-wall-construction.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Again, how does the Biden admin 'waive' federal laws that the Trump admin could not?

How exactly does that work?
The Republic is lost.