Author Topic: Sen. Cory Booker says he is shaken, angered, heartbroken after taking cover in bomb shelter in Israe  (Read 569 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
WASHINGTON−Sen. Cory Booker was jogging Saturday in Jerusalem when the attacks began.

As Hamas militants moved into Israel, as thousands of rockets were launched, the New Jersey Democrat was advised by his chief of staff to get back to his hotel, Booker said in a video Saturday evening on X, formerly Twitter.

He took cover in a hotel bomb shelter with others, including "many Americans."

"Frightened faces, there were children and elderly, families, many Americans," Booker said in the video. "There was a sense of fear and worry and a knowledge to many of us that there were horrific things going on around the country at that time."

FILE - Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., listens during a Senate hearing on Capitol Hill, March 16, 2023 in Washington. Booker was in Jerusalem as Hamas militants attacked Israel. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon, File)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/10/08/cory-booker-in-israel-attack/71114909007/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I am taking the high road here. Just glad that he and another congressman, Dan Goldman (NY) are home.

I didn't know there were two congressmen there on Saturday when I posted this article. I would have gone with something like this that states both of them were there.

https://www.npr.org/2023/10/09/1204664918/israel-attacks-cory-booker-dan-goldman-us-citizens-flights-canceled
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online libertybele

I am glad that both are back as well.  I am also hoping that this opens their eyes and the eyes of their DEM peer that we truly need to quickly secure our border and halt migration into this country.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

WASHINGTON−Sen. Cory Booker was jogging Saturday in Jerusalem when the attacks began.

As Hamas militants moved into Israel, as thousands of rockets were launched, the New Jersey Democrat was advised by his chief of staff to get back to his hotel, Booker said in a video Saturday evening on X, formerly Twitter.

He took cover in a hotel bomb shelter with others, including "many Americans."

"Frightened faces, there were children and elderly, families, many Americans," Booker said in the video. "There was a sense of fear and worry and a knowledge to many of us that there were horrific things going on around the country at that time."

LIEden told the world that the US is weak, unreliable, indecisive, and that the current administration hates Israel.

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Polly Ticks

Out of curiosity, I wonder if any of those other many Americans were on the same flight he took home.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Kamaji

Out of curiosity, I wonder if any of those other many Americans were on the same flight he took home.

Good question.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Being in a bomb shelter is more reality  than  most people,especially politicians, are used to dealing with.

It is as real as  real gets.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Hopefully it scared the liberalism out of him.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online libertybele

Hopefully it scared the liberalism out of him.

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.