Author Topic: Harrowing Details in New Subway 'Chokehold' Court Filing Should Get Daniel Penny Case Thrown Out  (Read 281 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Harrowing Details in New Subway 'Chokehold' Court Filing Should Get Daniel Penny Case Thrown Out
Story by Joe Saunders •
1d

If any indictment ever demanded dismissal, this one does.

The case against Marine Corps veteran Daniel Penny, facing charges of manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide in New York City, came under new light in a defense motion brief reported by Fox News on Tuesday.

And the details should have the case thrown out of the courtroom.

Penny is charged in the May 1 death of Jordan Neely, a 30-year-old with a documented history of mental illness and violent crime.

The incident took place aboard a subway car in Manhattan, a closed environment where riders were at the mercy of a man openly menacing women and children.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/harrowing-details-in-new-subway-chokehold-court-filing-should-get-daniel-penny-case-thrown-out/ar-AA1hZnnV?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=d74cec95d4694f72b1d35f469d18be2c&ei=32
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Some of the details:

And as grand jury testimony cited in the brief makes clear -- testimony that paints a picture of the atmosphere on the F train that day -- those riders were terrified.

One woman described cowering with her son behind the boy's baby stroller as Neely was making "half-lunge" movements toward riders, according to the brief.

A high school girl said she heard Neely say "someone is going to die today," and she began to pray the subway doors would open so she could escape.

Another rider, a retired woman who'd taken the subway for decades, described how frightening it was: