Author Topic: Black pastor who formerly protested cops organizes massive nationwide pro-police event: 'My thinking  (Read 355 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Black pastor who formerly protested cops organizes massive nationwide pro-police event: 'My thinking evolved'
Story by Andrew Miller •
6h

A reverend who previously led protests against the police organized a massive pro-law enforcement, multi-city rallies over the weekend and spoke to Fox News Digital about why the demonization of police nationwide must end in order to secure better outcomes for everyone, regardless of race.

"Law enforcement officers have been, rightly or wrongly, demonized and demoralized and really disconnected from their communities over the last three or four years in a way that has had a detrimental effect on crime and violence, on law enforcement as a profession and by extension, on communities," Reverend Markel Hutchins, the organizer of National Faith & Blue Weekend, told Fox News Digital this week.

Over the weekend, Hutchins flew to several cities across the country engaging with law enforcement officials in coordination with thousands of events nationwide for Faith & Blue Weekend, highlighting the need for more police officers, stronger communication between police and communities, and an end to the stigmatization of law enforcement.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/black-pastor-who-formerly-protested-cops-organizes-massive-nationwide-pro-police-event-my-thinking-evolved/ar-AA1i1HNx?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=d74cec95d4694f72b1d35f469d18be2c&ei=16
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Good of him to acknowledge that he was wrong before.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
He has seen the light!  Hallelujah
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.