Author Topic: Border agent on letting in ‘gang members’: ‘I feel like I’m part of the smuggling organization’  (Read 176 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Border agent on letting in ‘gang members’: ‘I feel like I’m part of the smuggling organization’
Story by Joseph Treviño •
18h

NOGALES, ARIZONA – The immigration debacle is taking its toll on the 60,000-plus members of the US Border Patrol, agents and former top officials told The Post.

According to Rodney Scott, the former chief of the Border Patrol, many border agents sit aghast as they process hundreds of adult males, mostly from Venezuela, with tattoos and tough manners.

“You know they are gang members, but there’s no database to pass them off and they won’t admit it so we can’t document them as gang members,” Scott told The Post. “They’re just getting released into the United States.”

Scott said that one officer told him: “I feel like I’m part of the smuggling organization.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/border-agent-on-letting-in-gang-members-i-feel-like-i-m-part-of-the-smuggling-organization/ar-AA1hZVyS?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=ad543a6dbbe245139300ab30f0c5ee4a&ei=65
« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 02:27:10 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson