Author Topic: Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin says US has ‘people on the ground’ to help Israel with hostage rescue  (Read 399 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin says US has ‘people on the ground’ to help Israel with hostage rescues

At least 20 Americans are missing since Hamas started attacking Israel
By Greg Norman Fox News
Published October 11, 2023 9:33am EDT

Hamas needs to be punished wherever it has misstepped: Rep. Rich McCormick
Georgia Rep. Rich McCormick joins 'FOX & Friends First' to discuss the U.S. government's response to the developing war in Israel as the House is set to vote on a new speaker.

Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin says the U.S. has "people on the ground" to help Israel with "intelligence and planning" when it comes to rescuing hostages captured by Hamas, which include Americans.

Austin made the comment Tuesday while traveling to Brussels, Belgium, for a meeting with allies about the war in Ukraine. 

"We don't have any fidelity on the exact number of potential American hostages," Austin told a reporter, but added that when he spoke on Sunday with Israel Defense Minister Yoav Gallant, he offered the assistance of the American intelligence community "in planning and developing intelligence to help in this endeavor."

https://www.foxnews.com/world/defense-secretary-lloyd-austin-us-people-on-ground-help-israel-hostage-rescues
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Maybe Austin and the rest of Brandon's incompetents should just STFU and simply tell reporters they will not comment on ongoing military matters. If they did that they might possibly come across as somewhat competent instead of transmitting to the world what incompetent bunglers they are and giving information to the enemy....of course with the Brandon/Obummer administration one might have trouble figuring out who they consider the enemy in this.

Offline Kamaji

Maybe Austin and the rest of Brandon's incompetents should just STFU and simply tell reporters they will not comment on ongoing military matters. If they did that they might possibly come across as somewhat competent instead of transmitting to the world what incompetent bunglers they are and giving information to the enemy....of course with the Brandon/Obummer administration one might have trouble figuring out who they consider the enemy in this.

:thumbsup:

Offline PeteS in CA

Were this Trump's SecDef I'd consider this probable.

Being from LIEden's SecDef, I think it's probably CYA due to LIEden cluelessness and inaction.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Were this Trump's SecDef I'd consider this probable.

Being from LIEden's SecDef, I think it's probably CYA due to LIEden cluelessness and inaction.

I agree -- I'm not believing what the Brandon administration is spewing. Members of Congress sent a letter asking where are the US planes to get Americans/people out??

A FL based non-profit staffed by ex-veterans have gotten together to get them out -- Project Dynamo. 

https://wccfradio.iheart.com/featured/florida-news/content/2023-10-08-florida-group-starts-rescue-operation-in-israel-for-americans/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline PeteS in CA

What worries me about whatever LIEden's peeps do when they finally show their noses in Israel is that their purpose is probably to restrain rather than aid Israel.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
What worries me about whatever LIEden's peeps do when they finally show their noses in Israel is that their purpose is probably to restrain rather than aid Israel.

You trust our gov't about as much as I do.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Way to go,dumbass!

You just made them THE Number One Priority Target of Hamas.

Which,of  course,means  the Americans they went there to rescue are also Number One Priority Targets.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!