Author Topic: Harvard students will be blacklisted by Wall Street after joining 31 organizations that blamed Israe  (Read 3284 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Harvard students will be blacklisted by Wall Street after joining 31 organizations that blamed Israel for the Palestine war

Harvard students have been warned they have jeopardized their futures after putting out a statement blaming Israel for the horrific Hamas terror attack
    Billionaire hedge fund manager Bill Ackman is among wealthy business chiefs who say they want the students named and shamed so they don't get jobs
    LIVE: Stay up-to-date as the conflict continues to unfold

By Dominic Yeatman For Dailymail.Com

Published: 01:31 EDT, 11 October 2023 | Updated: 08:55 EDT, 11 October 2023

Harvard students who blamed Israel for the massacre of its citizens by Hamas had their own future thrown into doubt last night as a host of blue chip CEOs declared them unemployable.

The elite university faced a massive backlash after 31 of its student societies issued a joint statement ‘holding the Israeli regime entirely responsible for all unfolding violence’.

The Anti-Defamation League denounced the statement as ‘anti-Semitic’ and others accused the university of tolerating hate speech.

But Wall Street appears even less forgiving with billionaire hedge fund manager Bill Ackman revealing that his fellow bosses want to know who they are so ‘none of us inadvertently hire any of their members’.

The CEO of Pershing Square Capital Management said he has been approached by ‘a number of CEOs’, adding: ‘One should not be able to hide behind a corporate shield when issuing statements supporting the actions of terrorists, who, we now learn, have beheaded babies, among other inconceivably despicable acts.’

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12617357/harvard-israel-hamas-ceos-ackman.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Law Firm Rescinds Employment Offer For NYU Bar Association President Who Defended Hamas Attacks

Corey Walker
Reporter
October 10, 2023 7:05 PM ET

A New York City law firm has rescinded an employment offer for a New York University Law School student who issued a public statement in support of Hamas.

Ryna Workman, the president of the NYU Student Bar Association, issued a statement in response to the Hamas attack, explicitly placing blame on Israel and praising Hamas. Workman wrote that Israel “bears full responsibility” for the terror attacks, according to a screenshot of the statement. She also wrote that the nation created the conditions that made the “resistance necessary.”

https://twitter.com/WinstonLaw/status/1711850745383866580

“I will not condemn Palestinian resistance,” Workman wrote.

Winston & Straw announced on Tuesday that they were alerted of Workman’s statement, and that they were no longer extending her an employment offer.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2023/10/10/nyu-bar-assocation-hamas-israel-palestine/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Good.  Let's hope they stick to it.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Back in the day Wall Street had, and I imagine still does, have a heavy representation of Jews. I can see how that kind of thing would tick them off.
The Republic is lost.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Generally I’m not big on this approach, but OTOH it’s about time leftists suffer for THEIR “beliefs” and actions.

Of course, figures it didn’t happen due to their own rioting and destruction, or their defacing statues and roads, or for having these views on-line or their lawn signs.  It happened for Israel.  I’d like to see it for their treason for a change.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online Kamaji

Bill Ackman doubles down on denying jobs to Harvard students who signed anti-Israel letter

By Ariel Zilber
Published Oct. 12, 2023

Bill Ackman has doubled down on his push to have companies refuse employment opportunities to the Harvard students who signed a letter blaming Israel for Hamas’ violent attack that killed more than 1,200 people over the weekend.

The hedge fund billionaire who founded Pershing Square Capital Management held his ground after a Harvard law student slammed him for “harassment” in response to a social media post on X in which he demanded a list of the signatories of the controversial letter.

“If you were managing a business, would you hire someone who blamed the despicable violent acts of a terrorist group on the victims?” Ackman wrote on X early Thursday. “I don’t think so.”

“Would you hire someone who was a member of a school club who issued a statement blaming lynchings by the KKK on their victims?” Ackman wrote. “I don’t think so.”

“It is not harassment to seek to understand the character of the candidates that you are considering for employment,” Ackman added.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/10/12/bill-ackman-doubles-down-on-denying-jobs-to-anti-israel-harvard-students/

Online Kamaji

Good for him for sticking to his point.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
The best way to awaken these woke universities is to turn the spout off of federal money for ten years as a penalty for supporting murderous terrorists moving forward.  That will get the attention of their idiot administrators!  And as far as their students are concerned, nothing will help them.

I have for a long time considered Harvard grads some of the dumbest people I have ever encountered.  Academically they may be brilliant, functionally, they are literal morons.

:yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa:

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Legal Insurrection by Mike LaChance 10/12/2023

“I would like to know so I know never to hire these people”

A dozen CEOs back Bill Ackman’s call to not hire Harvard students who blamed Israel for Hamas attack

At least a dozen business executives have endorsed Bill Ackman’s call to deny hiring members of student groups at Harvard who signed on to a letter blaming Israel for Hamas’ deadly attack on Saturday that killed more than 1,200 people, including at least 22 Americans.

Jonathan Newman, the CEO of salad chain Sweetgreen, was among a group of business honchos who seconded Ackman in urging that the signatories of the letter circulated by the a coalition of 34 Harvard student groups who “hold the Israeli regime entirely responsible for all unfolding violence.”

“I would like to know so I know never to hire these people,” Newman wrote in response to Ackman’s post on X on Tuesday.

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/10/ceos-vowing-not-to-hire-harvard-students-who-signed-letter-blaming-israel-for-hamas-attack/

Offline goatprairie

Some people are saying that this is the same thing as cancel culture. In broad terms they are correct.
But yelling fire in a crowded theater is sometimes justified........i.e.  if there is a fire.
And telling certain people (Nazis, commies, terror apologists) that they will not be considered for hiring is also appropriate.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Some people are saying that this is the same thing as cancel culture. In broad terms they are correct.
But yelling fire in a crowded theater is sometimes justified........i.e.  if there is a fire.
And telling certain people (Nazis, commies, terror apologists) that they will not be considered for hiring is also appropriate.

Exactly.

This is why I said I’m not crazy about this approach.  But there ARE limits to what one can get away with.  Communists were barred from fed jobs (not anymore), and even now we “out” FORMER sex offenders on neighborhood maps.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Harvard’s Leading Antisemites’ truck flashes faces, names of students after explosive anti-Israel statement: ‘Everyone is fearful for their safety’

By RICK SOBEY | rick.sobey@bostonherald.com | Boston Herald
PUBLISHED: October 12, 2023 at 7:26 p.m. | UPDATED: October 12, 2023 at 10:24 p.m.

Harvard students who blamed Israel after Hamas’ terrorist attacks say they’re afraid for their safety, as a truck revealing students’ names and their faces continued to drive around the Cambridge campus on Thursday.

The “Harvard’s Leading Antisemites” truck has been showing the names and photos of students who are members of the groups that signed the explosive anti-Israel statement. The dozens of groups blamed Israel for the terrorist attacks, saying they “hold the Israeli regime entirely responsible for all unfolding violence.”

That letter from over the weekend has since sparked outrage, leading to Harvard alums calling for the students’ names to be public. Now, many of their names and faces are being shown on this Accuracy in Media truck.

“Accuracy in Media is exposing radical antisemites on college campuses,” the organization posted. “No one who supports terrorist groups like Hamas should be able to hide in the shadows.”

“It’s always funny when students on the campus where Facebook was invented are complaining about their names and photos being publicly available,” posted Adam Guillette, president of the organization.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2023/10/12/harvards-leading-antisemites-truck-flashes-faces-names-of-students-after-explosive-anti-israel-statement-everyone-is-fearful-for-their-safety/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Harvard’s Leading Antisemites’ truck flashes faces, names of students after explosive anti-Israel statement: ‘Everyone is fearful for their safety’

By RICK SOBEY | rick.sobey@bostonherald.com | Boston Herald
PUBLISHED: October 12, 2023 at 7:26 p.m. | UPDATED: October 12, 2023 at 10:24 p.m.

Harvard students who blamed Israel after Hamas’ terrorist attacks say they’re afraid for their safety, as a truck revealing students’ names and their faces continued to drive around the Cambridge campus on Thursday.

The “Harvard’s Leading Antisemites” truck has been showing the names and photos of students who are members of the groups that signed the explosive anti-Israel statement. The dozens of groups blamed Israel for the terrorist attacks, saying they “hold the Israeli regime entirely responsible for all unfolding violence.”

That letter from over the weekend has since sparked outrage, leading to Harvard alums calling for the students’ names to be public. Now, many of their names and faces are being shown on this Accuracy in Media truck.

“Accuracy in Media is exposing radical antisemites on college campuses,” the organization posted. “No one who supports terrorist groups like Hamas should be able to hide in the shadows.”

https://www.bostonherald.com/2023/10/12/harvards-leading-antisemites-truck-flashes-faces-names-of-students-after-explosive-anti-israel-statement-everyone-is-fearful-for-their-safety/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If I were one of those Jew haters, I'd really be leery of any Muslims who might want to waste them to foment trouble. 22222frying pan
Thomas Jefferson

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
Liberals love to doxx so I don't see where this is a problem.
The Republic is lost.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Liberals love to doxx so I don't see where this is a problem.
But is it doxing? Didn't these morons willingly sign the letter which was public, or they should have been aware it would be made public. if you aren't willing to accept the repercussions of your stupid acts you really should refrain from doing stupid things, especially in todays world were nothing is really private or ever forgotten.

Online Kamaji

But is it doxing? Didn't these morons willingly sign the letter which was public, or they should have been aware it would be made public. if you aren't willing to accept the repercussions of your stupid acts you really should refrain from doing stupid things, especially in todays world were nothing is really private or ever forgotten.

Exactly.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Generally I’m not big on this approach, but OTOH it’s about time leftists suffer for THEIR “beliefs” and actions.

I'd bet the farm that every one of those groups have supported BDS - Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions, on Israel.   So this seems a particularly clear instance of some chickens finding their way home to the roost.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical

Not technically, though the libs would say it was, maybe more like outing or exposing. One way or the other they won't like the fact they can't hide in the shadows like the Rats they are.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

The letter had appended to it the names of some student groups that allegedly supported it, not the signatures of all the individual members of those groups.
And there are apparently some members of those groups who had no idea that someone within their group would authorize that, and that don't support it personally.

So to that extent, I get the complaints.

Online Kamaji

The letter had appended to it the names of some student groups that allegedly supported it, not the signatures of all the individual members of those groups.
And there are apparently some members of those groups who had no idea that someone within their group would authorize that, and that don't support it personally.

So to that extent, I get the complaints.

Then those students who have a valid concern should publicly disassociate themselves from those organizations and disavow the statements that were made in their names.

If they do not, then they have as good as condoned and ratified those statements.

Offline goatprairie

American citizens (not sure about all the students concerned) are guaranteed freedom of speech by the first amendment.
You are not guaranteed freedom from the ramifications/repercussions of what you say or do.
Words/actions have consequences.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Sure. This'll go a long way to convince them that Jews aren't in charge of the major banking institutions and aren't acting as a cabal.

Thank you for proving their point.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Mod2