Author Topic: Wholesale inflation accelerates more than expected in September  (Read 352 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Wholesale inflation accelerates more than expected in September
« on: October 11, 2023, 01:28:00 pm »
October 11, 2023 8:36am EDT
Wholesale inflation accelerates more than expected in September
Wholesale inflation surges in Septembert as high prices persist

By Megan Henney FOXBusiness

Inflation at the wholesale level surged more than expected in September, underscoring the challenge of taming price pressures within the economy.

The Labor Department said Wednesday that its Producer Price Index, which measures inflation at the wholesale level before it reaches consumers, climbed 0.5% in September from the previous month. On an annual basis, prices are up 2.2%, the largest increase since April.

Those figures are both higher than the 1.6% headline increase and 0.3% monthly figure forecast by Refinitiv economists.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/wholesale-inflation-accelerates-more-expected-september
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Wholesale inflation accelerates more than expected in September
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2023, 02:17:07 pm »
Biden should continue to give speeches on how wonderful his economic plans are working

Forget what you see  at the supermarket and the gas pump.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy