Author Topic: Kari Lake Officially Launches Bid For US Senate  (Read 20360 times)

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Re: Kari Lake Officially Launches Bid For US Senate
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2024, 02:25:16 pm »
This is a thread about her "launching" her senate bid. 

She may have just launched it alright....right into the dumpster.

I don't know DeWitt.  I am not that conversant in the state party (other than just about everyone I talk to is disgusted with it.....and that goes well before DeWitt took over.

However, whatever state it is in.  Pulling a stunt like this isn't going to help Lake at all.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2024, 02:01:07 am »
The MSM has it now......

What a mess.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2024, 08:07:20 pm »
Launched.......

and

« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 10:40:31 pm by HikerGuy83 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2024, 11:19:55 pm »
Kari Lake Officially Launches Bid For US Senate

Henry Rodgers
Chief National Correspondent
October 10, 2023 10:05 PM ET
Font Size:

Former Republican gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake officially launched her campaign Tuesday night for U.S. Senate in Arizona.

“We are living in some dangerous times. The world is on fire. And every day Joe Biden wakes up and pours gasoline on it,” Lake said in her announcement speech.

“The only way to fix our problems is with America First policies. President Trump showed us how to do it. Remember four years ago we had $2 a gallon gas. The border was secure, inflation was non-existent, the economy worked for every American. We were thriving and then Joe Biden stumbles into the White House and he sent us on the kamikaze mission to total destruction,” Lake said.

“The propagandists back there in the media have done absolutely nothing except cheer him on and cheer on the Democrats,” she added.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2023/10/10/kari-lake-officially-launches-bid-us-senate-arizona/

@mystery-ak

I admit to knowing next to nothing about her,and wouldn't even  recognize her name  if it didn't get mentioned here daily,but I also admit to liking what she said above.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2024, 11:27:01 pm »
@Cyber Liberty 
Arizona Republican Party chair Jeff DeWit caught on secret recording trying to bribe Kari Lake not to run for the Senate.  ...
"There are very powerful people who want to keep you out," he said.

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1749893378165391480

@mountaineer

I  am GUESSING that doing things like trying to bribe someone to not run for public office is nothing more than "Bidnez as usual"",but it sure ain't attractive.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2024, 01:00:22 am »
Trying to redirect someone and using incentives goes on all the time.

While I am less enamored with her, I have to ask who the people back east were thinking would be better ?  Mark Lamb ?  If so, they better get their checkbooks out.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2024, 04:50:08 am »
AZCentral says out loud what many of us are thinking.

Lake just won the endorsement of NRSC.  This means they'll likely be funding her.  And it also means they think she wins the primary.

For better or for worse.  She's in.

The article (and we can bypass the lazy comments about the source) points out the 800 lb gorilla in the room.

From the article:

They describe Lake as a GOP 'uniter'
Huh?

Is this unifier the same Lake whose secret tapes recently led to the downfall of now-ex state GOP Chairman Jeff DeWit, the MAGA-despised party official who was trying to find a way to unify the party?

Is this diplomat the same Lake who has refused to publicly apologize for calling Robson a gold digger, former Gov. Doug Ducey a cartel doormat and former Rep. Matt Salmon a protector of pedophile rapists?

“Short of an engraved apology, I wouldn’t consider helping her with anything,” Salmon told the Washington Post in December. “She employs the politics of personal destruction, and she’ll say anything — the most vile things in the world — to get ahead. And I’m sorry, I just can’t forget that."

Is this the same Lake who just a month ago offered the mother lode of conspiracy theories, revealing that “they” unleashed COVID-19 in order to stop Donald Trump from getting reelected?

She sounds like someone else who is running for office.

Only it's closer to home.

And she's going to need those moderates.

Can anyone say Senator Gallego (and not throw up) ?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 02:50:23 pm by HikerGuy83 »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2024, 05:27:21 pm »
Sorry, I don't comment on AZCentral stories.  They lie too much.  But go ahead and quote them as if they are facts.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2024, 05:58:46 am »
And this is how Lake is being portrayed.

I am not saying it is true.  And I really give a flying fig what anyone else thinks.

This is what is being put up in the press and people are paying attention to it:

Is there anyone as cloying as Kari Lake in devotion to Donald Trump?

She doesn’t speak a word without bowing to Trump, saying his name and fetching his slippers and pipe.

“I’m so proud to stand with President Trump ...”

“I support President Trump in his efforts ...”

“As President Trump says ...”

Donald Trump is so all possessing of Kari Lake that he is the launch software that starts her day.

He’s the central processing unit that runs her brain and mouth and every tiny gesture — gracious and snide.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/philboas/2024/01/30/trump-may-have-wanted-kari-lake-out-az-gop/72405429007/

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2024, 01:57:29 pm »
Hasn't she already lost once?

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2024, 02:42:49 pm »
Hasn't she already lost once?

She doesn't think so.

She thinks she won.

Many of us don't think anyone really knows.  The election process was botched.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2024, 02:54:43 pm »
And this is how Lake is being portrayed.

I am not saying it is true.  And I really give a flying fig what anyone else thinks.

This is what is being put up in the press and people are paying attention to it:

Is there anyone as cloying as Kari Lake in devotion to Donald Trump?

She doesn’t speak a word without bowing to Trump, saying his name and fetching his slippers and pipe.

“I’m so proud to stand with President Trump ...”

“I support President Trump in his efforts ...”

“As President Trump says ...”

Donald Trump is so all possessing of Kari Lake that he is the launch software that starts her day.

He’s the central processing unit that runs her brain and mouth and every tiny gesture — gracious and snide.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/philboas/2024/01/30/trump-may-have-wanted-kari-lake-out-az-gop/72405429007/

@HikerGuy83

Your jealousy and envy  of Trump is more than abundant.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2024, 03:23:55 pm »
@HikerGuy83

Your jealousy and envy  of Trump is more than abundant.

Hopefully you realize:

1.  That this was taken from a news article that just shows how she is being pilloried (right or wrong) by her opponents.
2.  It is not my stated feelings.
3.  I have stated on this board (several times) I voted for DJT twice.
4.  I have stated that if he is the nominee, I'll vote for him again.  I won't like it though.

You statement is not only confusing but a little concerning.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2024, 06:59:52 pm »
Gallego is well ahead of Lake in two-way polling.  Are none of the congressmen interested in a senate run?  Or are they giving up on the seat?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2024, 07:41:33 pm »
Gallego is well ahead of Lake in two-way polling.  Are none of the congressmen interested in a senate run?  Or are they giving up on the seat?

Too bad it is not a two-way race.  The Incumbent is in the race, too, and I don't think she's going to take votes from Kari Lake.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2024, 09:03:14 pm »
Too bad it is not a two-way race.  The Incumbent is in the race, too, and I don't think she's going to take votes from Kari Lake.

It is until Sinema decides whether she will run as independent, and gather the necessary 42,000 signatures by April 1.  With her numbers severely lagging, she may cash it in.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 09:04:20 pm by cato potatoe »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2024, 10:16:21 pm »
It is until Sinema decides whether she will run as independent, and gather the necessary 42,000 signatures by April 1.  With her numbers severely lagging, she may cash it in.

AFAIK, she's done that already.  I don't know for sure, but she declared last year.
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2024, 06:57:33 pm »

I very likely would be an exception to your statement.

Sinema has bailed out a GOP that lost TWO senate races in GEORGIA.

I was warming up to Lake, but am now much less enthusiastic.

If Sinema does not run, we (meaning Lake) may have handed the seat to a left wing whackjob.  Who would have thought Arizona could pull this off.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2024, 10:49:23 pm »
Hiker walks away with:
"If Sinema does not run, we (meaning Lake) may have handed the seat to a left wing whackjob.  Who would have thought Arizona could pull this off."

I've said this before, and I'll repeat:
Arizona is a blue state now.

If Ms. Lake becomes the candidate, she's gonna have a tougher time squeaking out a victory than will Mr. Trump.

The awful truth is that Gallego is probably 'way more representative of the changing electorate in AZ than is Ms. Lake. He's even wiping the floor with Sinema...

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2024, 03:56:27 am »
Hiker walks away with:
"If Sinema does not run, we (meaning Lake) may have handed the seat to a left wing whackjob.  Who would have thought Arizona could pull this off."

I've said this before, and I'll repeat:
Arizona is a blue state now.

If Ms. Lake becomes the candidate, she's gonna have a tougher time squeaking out a victory than will Mr. Trump.

The awful truth is that Gallego is probably 'way more representative of the changing electorate in AZ than is Ms. Lake. He's even wiping the floor with Sinema...

In Arizona, the GOP at the state level is a mess.

However, it is not, I repeat, it is NOT a blue state.

We have the senate, we have the house (but not by much).

Lake lost by 20,000 votes in 2022.  However, there were over 300,000 unreturned Republican Ballots.  If 15% of those had voted (presumably for Lake) she wins.  This is the problem of the GOP.  Everytime they point at the gun, they are looking down the barrel.  And they still pull the freaking trigger. 

You can't make this stuff up.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2024, 02:19:56 am »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democratss-thrust-kari-lake-mccain-feud-spotlight-crucial-senate-battle-heats-up

When we shoot ourselves in the feet, I think we use a four barrel shotgun, specifically designed for Republican candidates.