Author Topic: Ron DeSantis announces new sanctions, bans on Iranian businesses in Florida amid war in Israel  (Read 538 times)

Offline libertybele

I saw a few minutes of the press conference on this with several keynote speakers; it is the first time that I have seen him look very uncomfortable.  It surprised me...only thing I can think of is he wasn't feeling well.

Ron DeSantis announces new sanctions, bans on Iranian businesses in Florida amid war in Israel

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis announced on Tuesday a wave of new proposed policies demonstrating his administration's solidarity with Israel amid its war against Hamas terrorists.

DeSantis made the announcement during a news conference at the Shul of Bal Harbour synagogue in Florida. He connected Iran to the violence perpetrated by Hamas this weekend and urged President Biden's administration to take more drastic action.

"When Iran gets more money, they are not using it to make life better for the people of Iran," DeSantis said. "What they use it for is to fund terrorism throughout the Middle East and throughout the world. They send the money to Hezbollah, they send the money to Hamas, and that’s exactly what we’ve seen. And yes, Iran was involved in orchestrating this attack against Israel. We know that, it’s been reported. They deny it, but we’re smarter than that."

"We know that we have an opportunity to do something forceful that will make a difference in terms of the substance. But I think symbolically, but also important, and that is today our proposal that as we stand with Israel, we sanction Iran," the governor continued. "And so we are going to roll out for the next legislative session a proposal to increase Florida sanctions on Iran and to block Iranian business in our state.".................

https://news.yahoo.com/ron-desantis-announces-sanctions-bans-135022915.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Even if it's unfair to him...it smells of a political stunt more than a sincere act of support for Israel.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

Even if it's unfair to him...it smells of a political stunt more than a sincere act of support for Israel.
No. His speech that he gave at the synagogue was very sincere.  There were protests in Tampa and FL has the 2nd largest Muslim population in the U.S. He has small children and a wife to think about and I highly doubt he wants the butchery that Hamas has inflicted in his own backyard.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.