Author Topic: Change of plans: US Army embraces lessons learned from war in Ukraine  (Read 173 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Thought Leadership
Change of plans: US Army embraces lessons learned from war in Ukraine
By Jen Judson
 Oct 9, 07:00 AM

WASHINGTON — Expensive, massive tanks destroyed by small and cheap loitering munitions.

Drones helping artillery locate targets.

A battlefield so flooded with sensors that it’s impossible to stay hidden for long.

Since Russia invaded Ukraine in February 2022, the Army has carefully taken note of these trends. Now those changes are reshaping the service’s plans from acquisition to how to approach formations to reimagining logistics. Already, the Army has rethought its plans to modernize tanks and altering its strategies with drones.

“The character of war is changing,” Army Chief of Staff Gen. Randy George told Defense News in an interview ahead of the Association of the U.S. Army’s annual conference. “It’s changed more in the last couple of years because of the war in Ukraine. And I think it will continue to change at a very rapid pace and we have to have the mindset to change with it.”

https://www.defensenews.com/digital-show-dailies/ausa/2023/10/09/change-of-plans-us-army-embraces-lessons-learned-from-war-in-ukraine/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson