Author Topic: ‘We’re Not Fixing Anything’: School District Split Over Cutting Honors Classes For ‘Racial Equity’  (Read 522 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

‘We’re Not Fixing Anything’: School District Split Over Cutting Honors Classes For ‘Racial Equity’
Story by Brandon Poulter •
20h

Students and officials at Sequoia Union High School District (SUHSD) in California disagree about whether or not cutting some honors courses from the curriculum was beneficial, according to The Wall Street Journal.

SUHSD cut nearly a half dozen honors courses that were largely for freshman to reduce racial segregation and increase “racial equity,” according to the WSJ. Some officials say the tactic is helping minorities meet graduation requirements and complete courses needed for admissions into universities, but some students are saying school is less difficult than it once was.

“I’m hearing from a lot of families that ninth grade is soft, it’s easier than eighth grade was, and students’ needs aren’t being met. I’m hearing from those families that they are going to private school and I’m also hearing the same from East Palo Alto students,” Board of Trustee President Richard Ginn said at a September meeting, according to the MA Chronicle. “I don’t know what the right solution is but it is not to do nothing,”

LOUISVILLE, KY – JANUARY 11: Unused desks are seen in an empty elementary school classroom during a period of Non-Traditional Instruction (NTI) at Hazelwood Elementary School on January 11, 2022 in Louisville, Kentucky. (Photo by Jon Cherry/Getty Images)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/we-re-not-fixing-anything-school-district-split-over-cutting-honors-classes-for-racial-equity/ar-AA1hWrHO?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=2e85ad37c2ee4717a4338f364d542e56&ei=35
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
To show solidarity with this district, I think Ivy League universities should expel all straight A students for "racial equity.'' :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online DefiantMassRINO

In a way, striving for mediocrity and ignorance is equitable.  It allows everyone to achieve to the lowest common denominator.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline PeteS in CA

How hobbling high-achieving students (I wonder ... how many thus hobbled are un-PC ethnic minorities?) benefits anyone eludes me.

FWIW, Sequoia Union High School District is in Redwood City, San Mateo County. Given how much tech is located in the SF Bay Area, I would think that the value of educational achievement would be well understood.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online DB

The left brings everyone down to the lowest common denominator - otherwise it isn't "fair"...